• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

backpack??

jbrodie7

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2007
Looking to buy a heavy duty backpack in camo. Any suggestions on a brand or model?? Would like it to be able to hold 30lbs or so.

Re: backpack??

do not need a hydration pack.... may use it for work to carry gear.... like to keep it under 100 bucks if possible... just want something durable

If you are looking for a camo backpack, check out the packs made by BDS Tactical. Their backpacks come in a couple of different camo patterns.

I have their 378 Backpack (in black) and I really like it.

I also really like the 5.11 Tactical RUSH backpacks, but they do not come in camo.

I have a blackhawk RAPTOR and it works great as quick go bugout bag to carry few items like ammo, clothes, food, water etc... It''s a 2-3 day gear bag if you know how to pack it. You can also find one without the side pockets which would slim it a bit.

What do you want to do with it?

I would love one of the Mystery Ranch multicam Trizip packs, but why, oh why, can't they either use a tan zipper or a zipper flap.

I'm running a Camelback Motherlode. I've had this pack for around 3 years and I've never had a problem out of it. It's load out normally sits around 30lbs. I'm not sure if its available in camo though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whiskeyone55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm running a Camelback Motherlode. I've had this pack for around 3 years and I've never had a problem out of it. It's load out normally sits around 30lbs. I'm not sure if its available in camo though. </div></div>had mine in black since 04 i think, not one tear or ripped seam yet.

Pack whore here. Kifaru, Arc Teryx, Eagle, Summit, Blackhawk, Eberlestock, Diamondback, RAID (TAG and Eagle), Vortex, Camelbak, Protech, etc... if I had to pick just one: KIFARU!

Well, you have quite a few options that will fit your applications. It sounds like an "assault" style pack is what you're looking for. Within your budget nearly everything will be imported so if you're looking for "Made in the USA" it ain't going to happen in that price range unless it is used.

The advice offered by the other members here is solid. I'd look at Maxpedition and 5.11 Tactical packs. Yes, there are other makes/models out there that could work as well but, based on my research, you'll get the most consistant quality & reliability out of the brands above (believe me, I have done a LOT of research lately on assault packs and those listed here consistantly receive positive reviews & work within your budget). Some models to look at in particular that should run under $125.00:

--5.11 Tactical: RUSH 24, comes in Black, OD Green & Dry Earth;
--Maxpedition: Condor II and Falcon II, comes in Black, Foliage Green, Khaki, OD Green and ACU camo;

If you can stretch the budget a bit you can include CamelBak to this list. They have a full selection of camo options & some very well thought out, durable packs.

Best of luck to you.
Ceylon

How long do you want it to last? Cheap and quality are not things that go together.

I picked up an Eberlestock Halftrack in Multicam during Botach's V-Day sale for $180 shipped. I think they're normally something like $280 for Multicam?

They still stock them and have sales periodically.

Eberlestock all the way. They have a dozen different sizes and every color and camo you could imagine. Two full lines, one focused on hunting, the other focused on LE/military.

price is worth the quality you will get.