• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Bad day for Mr. Crow

fw707

Minuteman
Nov 12, 2010
KY
544 yards.
First blood for the GAP.
grin.gif

007-4.jpg

005-3.jpg

Re: Bad day for Mr. Crow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great shootin ! bet that put a smile on the face !
wink.gif
</div></div>

Mine, but not the crow's.
grin.gif

Awesome! That was a long poke, bamb - who's your Daddy!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Al Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome! That was a long poke, bamb - who's your Daddy!!!</div></div>

Yep, it was the longest poke ever for me, by a lot!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Details?</div></div>

It's the GAP .260 I got a while back, after pestering a lot of good folks on here for advice.
123 Scenar with 46.3 grains of H4350 in a Win (.243) case.
The scope is a NF 3.5-15x50.

I wouldn't have ever told it, but I had a witness and a Leica CRF 1200.
grin.gif

I had a similar experience the first time I stretched my .308 out to 1k, after shooting a nice little group at 900 yds a magpie landed on a rock nearby. 2nd shot put him down. you can see the dirt road where he was just to the right of my left ear.
Load was: 150gr interlock (cant remember the charge
blush.gif
) confirmed with Swarovsky RF and witnessed by chubbles here on the hide.

Great feeling isn't it?

900ydmagpie2.jpg

Nice shot!
Sometimes things just come together, and it makes it all worth the price of admission.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sometimes things just come together </div></div>

It was definitely "one of those days", you know, where everything goes your way. I wish I had alot more of 'em. Probably one of the better shots I've ever made.

Reminds me of a magpie i shot like that. One of those shots you remember for years...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great shootin ! bet that put his intestines through his face !
wink.gif
</div></div>

FIXT

I love crow hunting. The last ones I dispached were with a 20" 870. I hit the first one with 00 buck at about 30 yards, the other 3 took flight and were circling above and squaking like hell. I loaded up some target loads, and busted two more before the last one took off to the trees. It was raining black death all around me! It was fun living in the country. JPG