• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Badger 2pc vs 1pc Rings

SLO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2012
Portland, OR
I am looking at the Badger Ordnance 30mm rings and I am wondering what the advantages/disadvantages are between the 2pc rings and 1 piece Ring Mount. It seems like most people have the 2 piece rings but i would imagine the 1 piece mount would prevent any tweaking on the scope tube. Thoughts?

Re: 2pc vs 1pc Rings

If you have good quality base and rings there is very little likelyhood of "tweaking" the tube. Most 1 piece mounts are taller than separate rings, thus not prefered for people who want to mount their scope as low as possible. (My bobro 1 piece is over 1/2" taller than my low burris xtreme rings.) The badger 1 piece mount appears to be the same height as their medium rings so that does not seem to be a big factor with them.

Re: 2pc vs 1pc Rings

I read the title of this thread and thought, WTF is a 1 piece ring???

I thought for a moment that someone was making a hinged scope ring or something.

Now I see that we're talking about separate bases.

For ring/base combos the benefits are:

- Ability to cantilever rings farther forward than where the base sits
- Ability to quick detach entire scope/rings/base if so equipped
- More durable solid unit, ESPECIALLY on cheap ones

For separate rings & bases the benefits are:

- Ability to shift where the rings, and therefore scope body, are forward and back along the base
- Ability to quick detach scope & rings from base if so equipped
- Ability to cant scope for longer range shooting by switching base
- Ability to change scope tube sizes by buying only rings, using same base
- Ability to adjust scope height by buying only rings, using same base

Re: Badger 2pc vs 1pc Rings

Thanks guys! To clarify, Badger's 1 piece mount still mounts to the base. The difference is that the rings are joined by a cross bar. It literally looks like the 30mm medium rings with a bar joining them. Just seems like added assurance that the rings are going to be perfectly in-line.

Re: Badger 2pc vs 1pc Rings

I just saw that NF has a 1-piece that attaches to a rail (unimount) similar to Badger's and they also have the direct mount which mounts directly to the action. This seems like an idea solution, no?