• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Badger M2013 prefit barrels

Butler12

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2014
Hi,
I just picked up a Badger M2013 Lapua action in a McMillan A5 stock in a trade.
I was wondering about prefit barrels for this action? Can they be done safely off the chamber blueprint that is on the Badger website as I see it is stated that they all headspace the same with the breeching ring.

Last time I was up there, Marty said they would. I’d call them up Monday and ask to be sure, but I have the same action and we talked about switch barrel setups on the M2013 for a bit. I plan on having a couple more barrels chambered for it over the next few years.

Worst case, a smith needs it once and that’s it.

My understanding is that the smith should be able to do em off the prints, and was the whole reason I went with the action when I had the rifle built. I've had one barrel spun up for my rifle when it was built, and since rebarreled with a slightly used one I found here on the hide. I have no idea who chambered it, but its been problem free and shoots great.

Reactions: Shanerbanner10
My understanding is that the smith should be able to do em off the prints, and was the whole reason I went with the action when I had the rifle built. I've had one barrel spun up for my rifle when it was built, and since rebarreled with a slightly used one I found here on the hide. I have no idea who chambered it, but its been problem free and shoots great.

PM Incoming

Reactions: jzwolen
I would also be interested in this as well. I have a SA M2013 and just got all my required equipment for swapping barrels.