• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Badger M2013 questions

WeiserBucks

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Weiser , Idaho
    Two questions, can a R700 stock be inletted for a Badger ?

Can a Badger be set up with a mag box and BDL bottom metal or is it strictly a DBM only ?

The phone number is in the upper left hand corner of page in the link.

Call and ask to speak too Marty, you will find him VERY knowledgeable and able to answer all your questions.

Chet

I asked Manners the same question yesterday and was told it would not make sense. So I also spoke with MPA and got the same answer. The setup time and machining time didn’t seem financially fesible for a gunsmith to do it. The problem now is a 6to 8 month wait. Seems both companies are super busy and custom orders are on a list, and now I’m on the back of that list. I decided on the Manners MCS-CS1 with the cheek riser.
    Didn’t ask information on your second question.

I have a LA M2013 and as far as those go it's DBM only it does not have the proper cuts for a BDL set up.

Montrose

On the badger website, it says it can be set into an AI chassis and a couple KRG chassis.

Mine's also in a KRG W3, unfortunately, KRG stopped producing M2013 short action inlets in 2017 (Oddly, the LA are still being sold). I would think it wouldn't be difficult to convert a R700 backbone to a M2013. The action screw spacing is the same and the inlet shape is flat. Other than the double recoil lugs, it seems straight forward.

Badger publishes the inlet drawings on their web site.

XLR used to have chassis listed with a m2008/2013 option. If you reach out to them, they might still be able to do it.

It will have to be for a DBM because the action is cut for double fed magazines the AW mag. I have one in a manners T5A that was originally for a Remington 700 but was inletted for the Badger 2013 and also for the bottom metal magazine.

It will have to be for a DBM because the action is cut for double fed magazines the AW mag. I have one in a manners T5A that was originally for a Remington 700 but was inletted for the Badger 2013 and also for the bottom metal magazine.
    Hey was yours for a long or short action? Was wanting to put a 2013 long action into a t5a stock but unsure if it will work if I get the stock cut out for the extra recoil lug?

Jeff at River's bend gun company is the one whoe does all the inletting for badger ordnance.

Montrose

Just chasing experience from anyone who has an AI and a Badger, could you tell me if the AI will drop into a Badger inlet? Reason for this is that McMillan don’t have an AI inlet but do inlet for Badger. Action screws will be irrelevant as it will be glued in 👍🏼

Two questions, can a R700 stock be inletted for a Badger ?

Can a Badger be set up with a mag box and BDL bottom metal or is it strictly a DBM only ?

Regarding stock work, virtually anything can be done with enough commitment and money. The Badger action is/was made next door to me, and I've fitted them for folks for over a decade. I have vetted CAD models on file.

As for the internal box question: This would be a very invasive and expensive option as the action lacks the internal feed lips for a typical staggered stack, staggered feed type arrangement. Twenty years ago, while at Nesika, we often set up actions for a staggered stack, center feed internal box on the WSM stuff (back when it was new). Using a Wyatt box, you'd have to push the cartridge body through the feed lips and hope they'd return to normal shape. In most instances, they'd start to yield, and the dern thing would turn into a jack in the box. If this were attempted on the Badger receiver, my gut says you'd have a similar result.

Off the cuff, the idea that comes to mind is to machine a frame that'd insert into the existing receiver mortise with the required feed lip geometry, but that is pure speculation. It would have some front-end work to see how feasible it is. The good news is that on a L/A, the hole spacing for guard screws matches the M700 (7.345"), which helps. The bolt also has plenty of face surface area for case purchase during feeding. As I stated, the big question is recreating feed lip geometry into the receiver.

Cool project for sure.

Happy to help.

C.

1680022106747.png

338042336_984234856281521_6187143241214562275_n.jpg

337987607_1344200889471690_6071462511870189164_n.jpg