• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Badger Ordnance M2008 Gen 2

Canuck1977

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2011
Mirabel Canada
Hi guys,

I'm about to buy a BNIB M2008 action in 308 Win.

I wanted to know what you guys think about it? Better than a Stiller Tac 30? What stock are you using on it?

Please let me know what Pros and Cons you have with it.

Cheers to all,

Ferris

Love mine
Very accurate
Heavy compared to other actions
Bolt throw is heavy enough to be a little tough to do super quickly but with a little practice speed increases
Lots of stocks available. Could consider a manners stock with or without mini chassis ora sentinel. A5 or chassis style stocks also available amoung others
May be able to do a hide search as pictures abound

I have one. Haven't had the chance to do some real shooting with it yet, but will say I like the 60degree bolt throw. They are heavy that's for sure. As Cav said the bolt lift is a bit heavier then others but I it should become somewhat lighter with use.

My buddy built one on an AICS chassis with a Bartlein 22" barrel and Hubber trigger, Badger did the work in house and that baby will flat shoot...

I have a half dozen or so and still have 2 unbuilt. Not as many stock options as a round action but definitely all the popular tactical style stocks are available with the exception of the A4. Like mentioned the a action is a little stiff but not bad at all to me. Most of mine sit in an AICS stock and one is in an A5. I wouldn't hesitate buying a few more as soon as I have the next one built up.

I have no complaints now. The first generation (serial number <100) had some issues that had to be worked out. As mentioned, they weigh a pound more than a Surgeon. Don't coat the bolt unless you polish it down some. The long rail can limit the placement of a shorter scope like a Hensoldt. Other than that, I really like it and I would take it any day over a Stiller.

I have mine in an A5 and you will need to order the stock specific for the Badger.