• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger Ordnance M2013 Shipping NOW!

Badgerord

Sergeant
Minuteman
Hi All,

Its finally happened, We have started shipping, if you have one on order, make sure you have your FFL and payment in. Several people don't.

Standard short actions started shipping June 12.

Win Mags and Lapua's will start shipping by Friday 28 June.

Thank you for your patience it will be worth it.

We added one more feature, we reduced the firing pin diameter to .0625" so no one will need to bush the pin.

Thanks
Marty

The M2013 is the same basic receiver, it will fit in the same inlet and use the same barrels as the M2008.

We changed the look of the action with some lightening cuts, and a 1 piece bolt stop.

The firing pin has been modified to improve bolt lift.

The firing pin diameter has been reduced to .0625”.

The M1913 Mil Standard (Picatinny) rail has been switched to Aluminum to save weight.

We have also changed the Round bolt knob to our Mini Tactical knob.

Give a call to order one.

We will accept payments but not cash or charge till it ships.
CC add 3%

Watch our web site or facebook page for updates.

Prices are:
Short action $1180.00
Short action mag $1225.00
Long action mag $1385.00
Lapua action $1385.00

Thanks
Marty

The M2013 is the same basic receiver, it will fit in the same inlet and use the same barrels as the M2008.

We changed the look of the action with some lightening cuts, and a 1 piece bolt stop.

The firing pin has been modified to improve bolt lift.

The firing pin diameter has been reduced to .0625”.

The M1913 Mil Standard (Picatinny) rail has been switched to Aluminum to save weight.

We have also changed the Round bolt knob to our Mini Tactical knob.

Give a call to order one.

We will accept payments but not cash or charge till it ships.
CC add 3%

Watch our web site or facebook page for updates.

Prices are:
Short action $1180.00
Long action mag $1385.00
Lapua action $1385.00

Thanks
Marty

Curious about the price of the short action non magnum. The 2008 was $200 less and used a steel rail, presumably more pricey than aluminum. Many of the other additions result from changing a few numbers in a cnc program. May I ask why the price increase?

Also, will a standard round knob be extra?

Yall did a good job with the 2013, it looks great, but for me, the allure of the 08 was how much value you got for the money.

Curious about the price of the short action non magnum. The 2008 was $200 less and used a steel rail, presumably more pricey than aluminum. Many of the other additions result from changing a few numbers in a cnc program. May I ask why the price increase?

Also, will a standard round knob be extra?

Yall did a good job with the 2013, it looks great, but for me, the allure of the 08 was how much value you got for the money.

I think Jim Briggs @ northland shooters supply carries the Savage target action.

Else, you can punch a couple numbers into your CNC and whip up a few of your own actions.

I think Jim Briggs @ northland shooters supply carries the Savage target action.

Else, you can punch a couple numbers into your CNC and whip up a few of your own actions.

Easy, Turbo. I know the 13 holds a special place in your heart. It was genuine curiosity, not slander. I only mention the program because it's an update, not a brand new design or a grand departure, so the framework is already there from an engineering and programming standpoint. Nothing personal.

Last edited:
I think everyone will agree that there is quite a bit more machining on the M2013 than the M2008. More machining means more time in the CNC, hence...the increase in price. I feel the Badger is in line with most of the other custom actions out there, and I believe there is more machining in the Badger than a 700 type clone. I believe Marty could have priced these actions higher than he did, I'm just thankful he offered the updated action at a reasonable price.

Kind regards,
Jared

Making stuff is a pain in the arse. These are not particularly easy actions, in terms of their geometry.

In regard to price increase, everything costs more in 2013 than it did in 2008. Everything.

The simple truth is we didn't make squat on the 2008, so after we spent a bunch of time reworking the design the price needed to go up.

We did a little more work to the action that is not so obvious including; adjusting the cocking cam, redesigning the bolt stop, firing pin, bolt shroud just to name a few.

Not to mention the price increase was the first and only one EVER on our actions, did any one else hold their prices for 5 years?

Don't forget, you can buy some Remington clones for only $1500.00 ;)

The simple truth is we didn't make squat on the 2008, so after we spent a bunch of time reworking the design the price needed to go up.

We did a little more work to the action that is not so obvious including; adjusting the cocking cam, redesigning the bolt stop, firing pin, bolt shroud just to name a few.

Not to mention the price increase was the first and only one EVER on our actions, did any one else hold their prices for 5 years?

Don't forget, you can buy some Remington clones for only $1500.00 ;)

Good, honest answer. I understand cannibalizing the margin to gain market share with a new product. After chewing on it for a couple days, $1500 is fair to ask, I suppose I was just spoiled by the killer pricing on the 08.

Thanks Marty.

Feel better now Turbo? :p

The M2013

Prices are:
Short action $1180.00
Long action mag $1385.00
Lapua action $1385.00

Thanks
Marty

Tell on what conditions you are ready to sell to me a product with sending to Europe or Russia

Didn't see to many feedback on the M2013. Just want to add, that the M2013 bolt runs like a hot knife on butter, smooth and slick. I am using FrogLube paste.

Mine has been great, with one caveat:

You've got to RED loctite (high srrength 271....the Green 680 will also work) the shit out of the setscrews that lock the cocking piece to the firing pin. I've had those set screws back out on my 2008, my 2013, and my buddys 2013.

Blue loctite (medium strength 242) isn't good enough.

I wished that I have read your post earlier. Mine worked loose after about 400 rounds and I have 6 missed fired in a roll. Didn't know how I finish the last day of my XLR class, but it went ok until I was cleaning up after the 4 day class. Found the firing pin was free to turn and almost freak me out, for the set/jam screw was still tight. Both the set screw and the jam screw had back out as a unit. I am glad that I am not the first or the only one who has this problem. I had reset the screws in with the Loctite 242, and I will redo that set up with the red juice when I get home.

One other item that I want to mention on the Badger Ordnance M2013 is the XLR class instructor's comment on the rifle, he said "that rifle holds the water line really tight, one of the best I've seen". I was hitting the water line that I was holding on the steel target all the way to 2000 meter. I had 2 shots, cold bore 1st round and second round consecutive hits at 1607 meter just below and above the 3" water line that was painted on mid height of the steel target. Corry, the instructor, said that he'll take a picture of the target mark for me when he repaints the target, I hope he don't forget. I believe that when the instructor of a long distance class made a comment on the that aspect it must be exceptional, for he would have seen almost all, if not all, of the best made receiver that can be had. The only difference I can think of that set the Badger aside may be the lock up system, of which the replaceable locking mechanism may not be affected by temperature change as much as the solid one piece receiver. I am not an engineer, nor an expert of mechanical devices, but I know that a separate locking ring will be of lower temperature then the receiver that is directly screw onto the barrel, the source of heat.

Going to build a single shot for the modified 338 LM, the 338 Yogi, for the next XLR class; I think that I shall give Martin of Badger Ordnance a call to see if he can sell me a single shot M2013. It will be use to digest the 300 grain Berger. That 300 grainer made it to 2000 meter on the Desert Tech a class mate was shooting with Applied Ballistic factory ammo; I think it will do a lot better when I load it to go 3000 fps from the muzzle.

Last edited: