• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Badger Ordnance Rings For Weaver Tactical

steve1419

Private
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2010
I was just gifted with a Weaver 3-15x50mm tactical scope for my Remington SPS tactical. I want to go with Badger rings and base, but I am not sure if I can get away with medium rings. Reading around on different sites some people seem to think even tall rings won't be enough. Anyone have any experience with this? The measurements online show the bell to be 59.5 mm. I am trying not to go through another buy and return ordeal, so any help or info anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Badger Ordnance Rings For Weaver Tactical

The weaver will fit in Seekins lows at .820 but has a little better clearance (of the power ring) in mediums at .870.
The front bell is not an issue in lows or mediums.
I have no experience with Badgers, but anything in the .850 range and up will work just fine.

Re: Badger Ordnance Rings For Weaver Tactical

I have the same scope and had to return the Medium TPS rings due to their excessive height. After doing some measurements, I found that I can use the Ultra Low TPS rings on my Remington 700P.