• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger SIMRAD cap width

Jnull

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
Can anyone tell me the width of the badger ordnance MK11 mod 0 SIMRAD cap? I’m on the hunt for a kn253 and trying to figure out if the badger mount will work with my 2.5-20 NX8. Picture to aid in the dimension I’m after. Thanks guys.

IMG_6207.jpeg

Can anyone tell me the width of the badger ordnance MK11 mod 0 SIMRAD cap? I’m on the hunt for a kn253 and trying to figure out if the badger mount will work with my 2.5-20 NX8. Picture to aid in the dimension I’m after. Thanks guys.

View attachment 8319217
The MK11 cap is a 30mm part, click "Specifications" on the product page.

The MK11 cap is a 30mm part, click "Specifications" on the product page.

I know it’s a 30mm mount, and my NX8 has a 30mm tube. What I’m asking is the width like I have drawn in the picture, the 2.5-20 has less room then most scopes from the erector to bell so I’m trying to figure out if this cap will fit between there or not.

Ah, the thickness, is ~1.25"

Yes, another thing to consider there, the bell on that scope is pretty steep, the cap you are looking at is short with a straight/flat rail. If that ring eats up all the space you have it may not even be able to sit down on the ring bottom.

The 6 screw versions for the USMC rings are not as thick there and the rail sits higher. The 30mm one is discontinued but are some still around, the 34mm with reducers might be an even better option, look at the angle on the bottom of the rail, Vs the other models.

The better question to ask may be has anyone mounted a Simrad on a NX8 and what did they use.

Yes, another thing to consider there, the bell on that scope is pretty steep, the cap you are looking at is short with a straight/flat rail. If that ring eats up all the space you have it may not even be able to sit down on the ring bottom.

The 6 screw versions for the USMC rings are not as thick there and the rail sits higher. The 30mm one is discontinued but are some still around, the 34mm with reducers might be an even better option, look at the angle on the bottom of the rail, Vs the other models.

The better question to ask may be has anyone mounted a Simrad on a NX8 and what did they use.

Good points I didn’t consider, thank you.

Since you mentioned Spuhr, some pics in an older PX post you might find of interest:

Since you mentioned Spuhr, some pics in an older PX post you might find of interest:

Thanks. I could use a spuhr spacer between the ring and SIMRAD bridge to get some additional height over the bell too.