• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Simrad setup

Jnull

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
Today I put together an AR with parts I had laying around including a billet upper/80% lower from hellfire armory I’ve had since like 2015. It’s currently wearing a ballistic advantage 556 barrel but I’d like to swap it out for an 18” proof in 6 arc once I can find one for a decent price. I’m running a Luna elir-3 illuminator and plan to add my vortex impact 4000 to the mix.

Incase anyone’s wondering what works for a SIMRAD and NX8 I’m using a 1.5” spuhr 0 moa, 10mm spacer (4mm is too low for an 2.5-20) and the SIMRAD mount itself. The SIMRAD sits a little high off center of the scope objective but the sight picture seems unaffected. I have a rifle with a thermal scope but wanted to give night vision a try for predator hunting now that I have a thermal scanner.

IMG_6514.jpeg
IMG_6513.jpeg

Looking forward to hearing how you like this setup. Considering a similar set up on a bolt gun.

I think I’ll like it a lot once I get use to the nuances. Im hoping to get time this week to sight everything in, scope, NV and LRF.

Reactions: 264win