• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Badger tactical bolt knob dimensions

gamma

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2009
Does anyone have a drawing for a Badger tactical bolt knob. Ive got the use of a CNC lathe whenever I want it so Im thinking of making one for my 700. I kinda know this is a bit of a breach of copyright but I couldnt see badger taking a case against a guy doing something that looks like theres as a once off. Thanks

Re: Badger tactical bolt knob dimensions

If you have access to a CNC why don't you make your own and call it yours?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agree with Randy, but...

It's *roughly* 1" diameter at rear, 1.5" long, rounded rear and tapered towards the front.
</div></div>
Its a conversational programming Cnc but I cant see it accepting those words.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have access to a CNC why don't you make your own and call it yours? </div></div>

Agreed. As far as dimensions, you ought to be able to figure it out from what AZ gave ya, he explained it as best as could be done without giving you a drawing or a program.

-matt

I got it done in the end. I was just wondering what the radius was and the machines parametres work out the coordinate to the centre point. Thanks guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gamma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have a drawing for a Badger tactical bolt knob. Ive got the use of a CNC lathe whenever I want it so Im thinking of making one for my 700. I kinda know this is a bit of a breach of copyright but I couldnt see badger taking a case against a guy doing something that looks like theres as a once off. Thanks </div></div>

If the Chinese do it all the time(copyright violations),I suppose an Irishman can get away with doing it just once.

I will as soon as I find how to post pictures. Im working on it.