• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Badger VS Seekins scope rings

Monkey83

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2011
AE
Hello,

Ok I know Badger scope rings are top notch, the only reason I'm debating between Badger or Seekins scope rings is because the Seekins rings are .92 (closer to the barrel) compared to 1 inch (Badger). Any imput from Badger and Seekins scope rings owners will be appreciated.

Regards,

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
BO rings are heavy in the 34MM for sure. Well made, but heavy. Not a place that I personally need weight added. Sold all of mine. Have you considered SPUHR or Murphy Precision? Both are nice.

BO and Seekins are both great. I prefer Seekins because they're lighter and sleeker. The corners are more rounded and they don't have the nut hanging off the side.

I theorize the aluminum of the Seekins is less likely to cause ring marks, but I've never had ring marks with properly torqued BO or Seekins.

As an aside, the alloy Seekins uses is 7075-T6, which is stronger than many plain-alloy steels often used for rings/bases.

I like 'em both - Seekins for builds where weight is a concern, Badger for those situations where a bit of extra mass just doesn't matter.

Both are excellent and I have used both for years. I really like Seekins rings.

i like badger litle better altho i used both on 6/4 screws..for seekins made litle to bulky

I have had both, have gone all Seekins on everything I own other than old beater hunting guns that I almost never use any more. I like the design, chamfered edges, big torx screws and the way my scopes slide in them like they're greased when mounting them on a rifle as opposed to ever feeling like I have to force the scope down into the rings or the caps onto the scope. Never had any real problems with Badger, I like them but I like Seekins better. The price is also better.

+69 on Seekins. As others have mentioned, I really like the ring to rail attachment. No big nut hanging out off the side and you can use the same tool (torqx) for both the rings themselves and the rail attachment.

Seekins are up to the job, I think the design is good and there is good scope clamping area. I've used a set on a .50 with no issues (steel base too). I think it comes down to personal preference, Seekins, Badger, NF, Mark 4's etc will all do the job.

I have Seekins on all my rifles. Like mentioned above, I love how they have recessed torx screws to mount to the rail. They're really clean looking, plenty strong, and fit my scopes like a glove.