• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badlands Precision .338 265gr info

mdslammer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Hi guys,
I just received a box of Badlands Precision .338 LM 265gr. ICBH-2 bullets. Having never loaded with these before, I'm
searching for some info. I have a few powder loads to work from, the length and BC.
But I don't have information for the seating depth.
If anyone cares to share their load data or just let me know what the OTB measurement being used, that would be
very helpful and appreciated.
Thanks.
Mark

What round you’re shooting helps also. I run anywhere from .010” off the lands all the way to .035” into the lands depending on the gun

.338 LM, 265gr. Badlands bullet, Lapua brass, 215 Magnum primers, Retumbo or H1000.
My rifle doesn't do well seating into the lands so I'm looking for the recommended seating depth.
Thanks anyway.

Every bullet is different. How do you know your gun won’t want these jammed into the lands?

Every bullet is different. How do you know your gun won’t want these jammed into the lands?
Before I start seating new bullets I've never used, I always start with the recommended information for whatever bullet and or powder I'm using. Once I'm familiar with new components and how they perform, I can then decide if seating the bullet closer to the lands is desirable or not.

If you’re limited to magazine length, start there then. Most people I know, load to a length based off the distance to the lands or magazine length and adjust from there

Reactions: Steel head
FWIW I spoke with Jason at Badlands about this because I’m going to shoot the 285gr ICBM2 in a 338 Edge. He said both bullets seem to like to be 15-30 thou off.