• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Badlands Tactical - thumbs up

Tomcat

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2008
Marietta, Georgia
Badlands Tactical

I just got back from a 3 day training weekend at Badlands Tactical in Oklahoma. Opinion: The training was excellent, the ranges were excellent!

Day 1 - We confirmed and developed dope out to 1000 yds. Then, practiced milling on known ranges to get confidant in our cababilities.

Day 2 - We spent time milling targets at unknown distances out to about 900, then we put our dope into practice.
With Bobby Whittingtons coaching, we (my teammate and I) were able to range and hit very pretty darn good.
Any of you county boys know that the wind is defiantly a factor when shooting in Oklahoma, and last weekend was no exception. We had at least 6-8 mph variable the entire weekend. I know my windage as a result of this weekend.

Day 3 - More UKD milling and shooting, and then we practiced on moving targets at 300 yds. We did very well on that too.

I highly recommend this facility for both experienced level and advanced level.
Quality of instruction and having his undivided attention and focus gave us great training.
All in all it was a 10 out of 10.
This was great training.

Tomcat

Re: Badlands Tactical - thumbs up

Glad you enjoyed the class. I emailed Bobby W. the owner last year because I was interested in attending one of his classes. Never got a response from him.

I know he is the Sheriff of the county - so his schedule can get busy. I can't make excuses for him, but email sometimes gets swept off in junk mail.

Call his cell - its on his website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad you enjoyed the class. I emailed Bobby W. the owner last year because I was interested in attending one of his classes. Never got a response from him.</div></div>

It is best to call him. He ALWAYS 24/7 has his mobile turned on.

Cool. Didn't know he was an active sheriff. I will call him up.

sorry to bring up a older thread, but l live in OK and called spoke with the owners wife . I have heard nothing but great reports on them and once l get my fire arms settled down l want to take a class there. I am thinking next year sometime. 1st class l think will be pistol for home def. then rifle or semi not sure on the next one l want to do .

I know this is old, but didnt want to make a new thread. Anyone taken there precision rifle coarse?

Shoot 1st, Have'nt taken a course there yet but, I plan to in April of this year. I try to attend at least one formal precision rifle training class each year. As I have never read or heard anything negative about Badlands Training I contacted the folks at Badlands, when considering a place to go for 2012. The owner suggested, that if possible, I visit and tour his training facility before I made my decision. So last Nov I spent a day in Granfield OK. I talked at length with the owner, and a former student of his (who I met at the range), about his Basic Precision Rifle Training course and training concept. As I had a rifle with me I also tried out his 1000 yard range. I was pleased with what I saw and heard so I have sent in an application for the 12-15 April 2012 Basic Precision Rifle Course.

CDAT

I attended the basic long range rifle course back in 1999 (seems like just last year). The next year I took the intermediate class.

At the end of the course they ask you to write a quick little after action review to give them feedback as to what they are doing wrong or right.

I summarized the AAR by saying "A bargain at twice the price".

Steve and Bobby know what they are doing and have been teaching people to shoot accurately for many years now. The class size is normally small so you get a good bit of focused attention.

Haven't really been in touch with them in the last couple of years but used to do 1 or 2 day trips a year to shoot and verify zero's out to 1000 yards.

Do the class and be prepared to learn a bunch and have a good time doing it.

I attended the "Advanced Sniper Phase I" in 2010. It was an excellent course. I would definitely go back and plan to. Shooting with Steve Suttles in an honor all in itself. The courses "are a bargin at twice the price", I think I put that in my AAR as well.

I have also taken the precision rifle course at Badland's Tactical. I attended in Sept. of 2011. The class included myself, one other LEO and five non LEO/military. There were 3 instructors so the student/instructor rate was phenominal. In planning to attend I spoke with Bobby's wife on multiple occasions and she was very helpful in getting the information I needed for my department to send me. I arrived very early the day before class and Steve met me at the dorm to unlock the building so I could get settled. He then directed me to the senior citizens center for lunch. Grandfield is a very small town and there are not a lot of options for meals. After the first day of class several of us loaded up and drove to the nearest Wal Mart and cooked out for the remainder of the class. It was a great was to build comraderie and get to hear the feedback from the day. After the second day of class we were instructed to work on fundamentals that we had been taught after classroom hours. My partner did not want to run through the drills so I was out in the common area doing so alone. Bobby found me out there and sat with me for about 2 hours, running me through mil/range estimation drills and working on trigger pull. It is amazing how much you realize your faults with a dime balanced on the edge of the barrel. Another student had an issue with his rifle that could not be corrected during class. They lent him a rifle to finish the class with. I am prior military and have close to 10 years in law enforcement. As such I have attended quite a variety of classes from instructors of all backgrounds types. Bobby and Steve are both first rate individuals. They are not arrogant know-it-alls as some instrucotrs out there are. I keep in touch with Bobby on a regular basis as we are both LEO's and share updates with my shooting. I will defenitely be back at his ranger when my new rifle arrives to zero to 1000. I plan to attend the advanced class as soon as funds permit.

Cannot say enough good things about Badlands.
Started taking courses there in 2001. Been going back ever since.

Give them a try...

I never had the time to take a class there, but I did work one on one with Bobby back in October for a full day. It was money well spent and I'm a much better shooter for it.