• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Bag For Small Ports

IPoutdoors

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2020
What bag (if any) do you use for small port openings such as a Jersey Barrier? Do you use a combination of bag and tripod? Whats your plan of attack for this kind of stage?

The amp plate pro bag by Armageddon. Milk toast bag from WieBad.

There’s also the option of either of those two with tripod in rear or no bag and tripod in rear. Depends on the port size, amount of targets, size of targets, time limit, etc etc.

I run the 419 plate which is amazing, and the col-tac D bag with the heavy sand fill, the bag clamps onto the plate so it stays put as I move from port to port, which makes me a little faster. its dense and stays put. if im using a tripod its for rear pinch sport off the leg if I have to and dont have to start with it collapsed.

The BLAMM Power Wedge mounts right to your arca rail and allows you to use as much or as little as you need.

Just don't be like the guy at one of the matches that was just resting his barrel on the barricade and using the front of the stock as a barricade stop. That was cringe worthy. I been using a pint size game changer. Can throw it in quick with the v down then gives you a long short base for the rifle.

So I've got a great question! Most of the awesome advice I've gotten for PRS shooting has told me to try and keep your bags to a minimum. Well a bag like this is probably only used once in every few matches. Are you guys carrying these small bags all the time or tossing them in your truck or what? How do you decide if you want to carry a specialty bag like this if the COF isn't published prior? Thanks!

So I've got a great question! Most of the awesome advice I've gotten for PRS shooting has told me to try and keep your bags to a minimum. Well a bag like this is probably only used once in every few matches. Are you guys carrying these small bags all the time or tossing them in your truck or what? How do you decide if you want to carry a specialty bag like this if the COF isn't published prior? Thanks!

Milk toast is tiny. Keep it in bag.

The Armageddon amp pro plate bag is pretty small too. I keep the plate and the bag in my pack. You’ll use it more than you think.

For example, there was a prs barricade stage where you had to take 1 shot each at 2 targets from 5 positions. The 2nd target was a big swing left. Time was 1:40. Many were timing out. I ran the plate/bag and still had about 20s left with a clean run.

It has sand fill if you want it. You can use it for a lot more than just port holes.

I keep the tater tot fortune cookie and the amp/plate bag in my pack. No other bags. Someone always has a pump pillow or fat bag I can borrow if need be. And I lend out my plate/bag a lot. So it evens out.

The Power Wedge from BLAMM Enterprises is a great small port bag. Its arca mounted and wedge shaped, you only use as much bag as you need.

Like DThomas' bag, my wedge bag gets borrowed a lot in those scenarios.

Milk toast is tiny. Keep it in bag.

The Armageddon amp pro plate bag is pretty small too. I keep the plate and the bag in my pack. You’ll use it more than you think.

For example, there was a prs barricade stage where you had to take 1 shot each at 2 targets from 5 positions. The 2nd target was a big swing left. Time was 1:40. Many were timing out. I ran the plate/bag and still had about 20s left with a clean run.

It has sand fill if you want it. You can use it for a lot more than just port holes.

I keep the tater tot fortune cookie and the amp/plate bag in my pack. No other bags. Someone always has a pump pillow or fat bag I can borrow if need be. And I lend out my plate/bag a lot. So it evens out.
So this makes more sense to me. I keep a plate in my bag already, although when using my schmedium GC don't find I use it as much. I bet I would use it a whole lot more if I just left a small bag attached to it. I can see it being a pretty big help on those stages with multiple targets you wouldn't want to fumble around with your bag in addition to the rifle.

So this makes more sense to me. I keep a plate in my bag already, although when using my schmedium GC don't find I use it as much. I bet I would use it a whole lot more if I just left a small bag attached to it. I can see it being a pretty big help on those stages with multiple targets you wouldn't want to fumble around with your bag in addition to the rifle.

Yea, since sand has become the preferred fill for normal bags, having an attached bag is much more important on certain stages IMO.

When everyone was using the poly fill, it was pretty easy to pick up with the rifle.

Not so much with 8-16lb sand bags. Use them on the wrong stage and you’re going to struggle moving fast enough.

Reactions: david8989
I've got the Armageddon Gear bag that attaches to the Mini Gun Plate, but rarely find myself using it unless I'm running a tripod in the rear. I really prefer placing the bag exactly where I want it, with a bit more "squishiness" from a Gamechanger that settles a bit better.

Although I probably use the full-size waxed canvas gamechanger on 90% of stages; I carry around a few other specialty bags for the 1 stage that might present a more interesting problem. In those cases, I have the Wiebad Milk Toast for small ports, the Tab Gear small rear bag to attach to my hand for heavy movement stages w/ fast time limits, or the Wiebad pump pillow for stability.

Having said all that, I'm mostly just using 1 bag per stage; these others just provide an option if the stage design calls for something specialized.

Reactions: david8989
I like the SAP WC Solo Sack for small openings. if you have ever had to shoot the lower ports on a Kestrel barricade a bag like this does great.

Reactions: lte82
I couldn’t fit an amp plate in the jersey barrier openings. Throw a small sand bag in there and get after it. To get more scope clearance let most of the bag droop out and jam your magazine up against it. Really stable and you can transition quickly.