• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bag to attach to gray ops new mini plate pro

crackerbacks

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2010
SE Michigan
I am very new to prs and just purchased a gray ops mini plate pro on the recommendation of a friend. I just went to the match and I wish I had a bigger bag to attach to it. Another shooter had a 419 plate about the same size that would attach to a gamechanger, is there something comparable for the gray ops?

Armageddon is working on a bag for the Grey Ops mini that will be close to the width and length of the plate and about 2” thick. They released one a while back but told me they are revamping it. A friend of mine has the first release version and it works really well. I’m not aware of anything game changer size.

Following as well. In the same boat. Needing a small thin bag that will fit the mini plate.

An original straight laced bag while not made specifically for it like some works well for me.
A169E0B2-56BB-4E0D-91FB-85A34BBFC655.jpeg
FA4174FF-FBED-4A44-80AF-5837B6EC8A83.jpeg

Can anybody chime in and say anything negative about the Mini plate Pro? I’ve been eyeing one for a while, just can’t convince myself I need it

Armageddon is working on a bag for the Grey Ops mini that will be close to the width and length of the plate and about 2” thick. They released one a while back but told me they are revamping it. A friend of mine has the first release version and it works really well. I’m not aware of anything game changer size.
Just saw one of these at a buddies the other night. Hope they get one out soon. I drew one up the other night but i cant sew so its just a drawing for now

Just saw one of these at a buddies the other night. Hope they get one out soon. I drew one up the other night but i cant sew so its just a drawing for now
Armageddon released the bag, it’s for sale on their website. It’s made for the mini pro, might be tough to attach to the mini. Darn it!

The 2 advantages of the mini pro plate is the throw lever and the weights. For me it was the throw lever, so I bought one and sold my mini. I have been on a stage where an opening was slightly too small for the mini plate, and it would have been nice to release the lever and dump it quickly instead of trying to unscrew it while time was ticking away.

Armageddon released the bag, it’s for sale on their website. It’s made for the mini pro, might be tough to attach to the mini. Darn it!
I have the mini. So may have to het the pro and a bag and sale the mini.

Reactions: metal2meat
View attachment 7375161

Version 2, 1/8" carbon fiber. Some might say I should have just got a Railchanger X if I wanted to use a Gamechanger, or a Cole-Tac trap bag if I wanted to use the Grey Ops pro. They wouldn't be wrong but I really like the 419 Shmedium, and how fast and easy it is to slide the bag on and off. Pretty secure when "installed" too, probably due to the brass gripping the fabric.
Wow, that looks good. Nice job

I'm in the same boat, what are the main advantages over the mini gun plate other than the ability to add weights?

The weight is just extra. The diamond patter on the weight though helps with gripping.

The pro plate cutouts along with the diamond patter on weights grips bags much better than the regular plate. The regular plate will slide across the top of bags. The pro plate doesn’t slide much if at all.

I’m using the new centurion stock from foundation. I run it with just a short arca up front. So I have the 2.6” forend sitting on bags. It’s basically just like running a plate as far as stability. If I was running a ful arca, I’d probably run my pro plate most of the time.

Reactions: david8989
Warhorse development butcher boy

Just got my mini plate pro, and I have the AG Mini Plate Pro Pad. While searching for other bags, I came across -

https://www.altusshooting.com/products/armageddon-gear-amp-plate-pad, it seems like the slimness of the pad might work well in tight spots.

I ran a RCX with a Clede-X in the past but I'm liking the form factor of the Mini Plate Pro Pad. Trying to shrink my pack down to basically flat bag / pad, Warhorse Clede-Like, and mini plate bag. I haven't really found a situation where I've felt like I wanted to use my fortune cookie / gamechanger over the Clede, so shrinking my pack down.

I just wish I could attach my clede to my gray ops plate for the rare situations I might need it (say timed stages). I was considering the Butcher Boy, but the stumpy legs makes me feel like the bag wouldn't be as good as my Clede's footprint for the 95% of the time I run it un-attached.

Anyone with a Butcher Boy / Clede and switched to use the Butcher Boy all the time?

Chas at Warhorse Development made me up an awesome Black Butcher Boy for my Gray Ops plate. It came out awesome. Haven’t been able to run it yet though. Have to say the bag is awesome but dealing with Chas and I think his wife (if I remember correctly) was an absolute pleasure. Plus the hand written note w/ stickers was an awesome touch.

4121F535-E9CA-432F-B8E3-31A788C94889.jpeg
EE3C0601-564F-42ED-BD2D-5441E6BC1498.jpeg

Chas at Warhorse Development made me up an awesome Black Butcher Boy for my Gray Ops plate. It came out awesome. Haven’t been able to run it yet though. Have to say the bag is awesome but dealing with Chas and I think his wife (if I remember correctly) was an absolute pleasure. Plus the hand written note w/ stickers was an awesome touch.

View attachment 7575736View attachment 7575737

To remove the straps from the plate, you have to unthread the buckles right? Just thinking of PRS matches where I might be switching plates between the butcher boy and the AG flat bag.

The shorter legs vs the clede make running the butcher boy I think better, but I run unattached a lot so I think the stability of the longer legs is nicer. Maybe I can get a clede with the same attachment velcros.

To remove the straps from the plate, you have to unthread the buckles right? Just thinking of PRS matches where I might be switching plates between the butcher boy and the AG flat bag.

The shorter legs vs the clede make running the butcher boy I think better, but I run unattached a lot so I think the stability of the longer legs is nicer. Maybe I can get a clede with the same attachment velcros.

There are QDs on the side of the bag to detach from the plate. I’ve thought about that as well when I want to run schmedium game changer. On the ag pad for the ops plate can those clips come off?

A897A2EE-B896-4B35-BF9A-1B5F066B62E0.jpeg

There are QDs on the side of the bag to detach from the plate. I’ve thought about that as well when I want to run schmedium game changer. On the ag pad for the ops plate can those clips come off?

View attachment 7575797

Do you have to unthread the whole buckle to get it out of the plate? Hard to tell from the picture.

Here's the AG bag attachments. I also have the mini plate pro -

1615144986428.png

In comparison, here's a Clede-X size compared to the mini plate pro.

1615145012886.png

Do you have to unthread the whole buckle to get it out of the plate? Hard to tell from the picture.

Here's the AG bag attachments. I also have the mini plate pro -

View attachment 7575801

In comparison, here's a Clede-X size compared to the mini plate pro.

View attachment 7575802

Yes you would have to un thread. I was thinking of that too. Almost like getting another set of those buckles. Thanks for posting those pics...

I am going to buy a set of AG bag hooks for the Butcher boy so I can swap between the two very quickly

I am going to buy a set of AG bag hooks for the Butcher boy so I can swap between the two very quickly

Oh that's smart, let me know where I can order the AG hooks separately.

Are the AG bag straps Velcro?

Yes the straps are velcro, can run it without the hooks. The hooks are attached via the velcro. I could probably just run the ag bag via velcro, and just steal the hooks from the AG bag for the Butcher Boy.

I am going to ask Chas to see if he can make me a clede-leg length butcher boy.

Oh that's smart, let me know where I can order the AG hooks separately.

Yes the straps are velcro, can run it without the hooks. The hooks are attached via the velcro. I could probably just run the ag bag via velcro, and just steal the hooks from the AG bag for the Butcher Boy.

I am going to ask Chas to see if he can make me a clede-leg length butcher boy.

I was thinking to order the pad and use the buckles for the butcher boy and just run the bag with the Velcro. At least trying that first before ordering just the buckles. I’m sure he will. It was easy to work with him.

Nice! I was thinking of ordering the the flat bag from AG to give it a try but wanted to check before I do.

The flat bag from AG is one of the nicest flat bags I've used. It was so well done and the fill was default perfect that I stopped using my d-bag / rcx from Area 419 or the cole-tac flat bag. So I'd say get the flat bag.

The flat bag from AG is one of the nicest flat bags I've used. It was so well done and the fill was default perfect that I stopped using my d-bag / rcx from Area 419 or the cole-tac flat bag. So I'd say get the flat bag.

Sold... thank you. It’s not big money and if I don’t like it it’s not a big risk.

I'm waiting on some waxed canvas to come in to get my butcher boy made. Going to go with a clede/butcher boy hybrid.
What do you think about those little clips that hold the bag to gray ops mini plate? Area 419 plate seems to hold better onto its bags but I have little experience from either.

What do you think about those little clips that hold the bag to gray ops mini plate? Area 419 plate seems to hold better onto its bags but I have little experience from either.

I don't issues with the AG clips. They worked fine for me. The railchanger-x is a very solid setup. I've used it a lot, and used it again today since I don't have a butcher boy so for a timed stage I ran the Clede-X and the RCX and it was great.

90% of the time though I don't run attached, and if I'm just going run a plate unattached (wider base) ontop of a bag, I'd choose the gray ops plate.

I no longer want a bag attached, so I got my centurion coming w a full length arca and plan on keeping a plate attached but not the bag. I do love a wide plate on a heavy bag. I much rather place the gun on a loose bag. Philip Valeyo pointed out during a train up, it’s harder to get a rifle to find it’s natural point of aim when you drop a rifle with an attached bag on a baricade. I can see that. I can totally agree with that. I know sometimes I’m fighting the bag when it’s attached where as when the bag goes on first, the rifle just wants to point in right direction with less input. I might want it attached on a stage with tons of movement but I’m getting off the attached bag habit.

Looking fwd to shooting a harmonically dead stock. My aluminum stocks are really starting to piss me off especially when dry firing. Feels like a tuning fork to me. I had to try a foundation. Let’s see how it goes..

I no longer want a bag attached, so I got my centurion coming w a full length arca and plan on keeping a plate attached but not the bag. I do love a wide plate on a heavy bag. I much rather place the gun on a loose bag. Philip Valeyo pointed out during a train up, it’s harder to get a rifle to find it’s natural point of aim when you drop a rifle with an attached bag on a baricade. I can see that. I can totally agree with that. I know sometimes I’m fighting the bag when it’s attached where as when the bag goes on first, the rifle just wants to point in right direction with less input. I might want it attached on a stage with tons of movement but I’m getting off the attached bag habit.

Looking fwd to shooting a harmonically dead stock. My aluminum stocks are really starting to piss me off especially when dry firing. Feels like a tuning fork to me. I had to try a foundation. Let’s see how it goes..
I am curious if you find the gray ops plate to be much benefit for width on the already wide Centurion forend? How much wider is the plate than the forend?