• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bags

Hey guys, what are good bag rests? Front as well as rear bags. I hear game changer bags are the best? Opinions and what you guys use in competition

Waxed Canvas Mini Fortune cookie.

I can honestly say I have seen decreased wobble with it.

I’m sure a pint sized gamechanger will be similar for a lot of people. I personally don’t like the “flat” top of the gamechanger. That’s just a personal preference though.

You can shoot an entire match with just a regular or mini fortune cookie. Could carry a pump pillow if you like, but not required.

Most anything else will slow you down unless you practice quite a bit with the extra gear.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
I use the mini or regular fortune cookie as a rear bag as well. Stopped carrying dedicated rear bags.

I like the OG GameChanger a lot. I use it on props & it works really well. I also use it as a rear bag when prone. When used as a rear bag it is Rick ass solid. As stated above, I no longer carry a dedicated rear bag.

I prefer a full size Fortune Cookie to the full size Game Changer (have both). Works better with my stock. I carry a pint size GC and a full size FC. The pint size with the heavy fill provides extra stability in some situations. I am considering giving the WC Mini Fortune Cookie a try for next season.

@b6graham
Looking at a Clede and a pint sized GC. I’d been thinking git lite for the Clede and standard for the pint GC. Thought they would complement each other. Thoughts?

Reactions: b6graham
Another one for the Waxed Clede. It really is the goldylocks of his 3 bags (i have all 3 sizes) and I feel I can run that and a standard TAB rear bag on any obstacle. Mine is in standard fill and I have no complaints lugging it around.

There's so many great bags out there I can understand why you would be here asking. Go to any PRS match and you will see game changers more so than anything else. If I could only take one bag it would certainly be my game changer. Lot of folks like the new sticky version but I'm pretty fond of my wax canvas. It is an extremely solid rear bag as well.

With that said I also have a few Precision underground bags that are extremely high-quality. The most recent one is small and attaches to my ARCA rail, so it's kind of a special purpose bag.

If folks add a second bag to a game changer it's often times a larger support bag like the big bag from Armageddon gear or a pump pillow. I actually had a larger version of this made by Armageddon gear they now called a fat ass bag, or similar name. I'm a bigger guy and wanted a larger support pillow for reverse kneeling and rooftops. it's turned out to be a far more versatile bag than even I would have first imagined.

Dan

I am down to just using a waxed canvas pint size Gamechanger and a full size waxed gamechanger. Most of the time now I leave the pint size in the truck and just use the full size for everything. I have taken about 1/2 of the fill out and put about 1/4 of heavy fill in. It now conforms to everything and is rock solid.

I personally think all the rails, adapters, and sticky stuff is just a gimmick. Others will swear differently. I stopped noticing returns after the heavy fill was introduced.

Disclosure: I don't shoot competitions, so take that for what it's worth.

That said, I came to the conclusion after reading around threads like this and putting hands on products owned by friends that if I had a large fat bag and a game changer, I'd be pretty well set for anything that I'd want to do. Currently have a fat bag and like it, just haven't gotten around to picking up a game changer yet.

I think that a lot of it depends on your setup, as some bags will work better than others with certain stocks/chassis and shooting environments.

That being said, I have just started using the WC MFC from Wiebad alongside my tried and true Warhorse Saracen, and they are a great combo for PRS/NRL as well as field matches.

Try 'em all and see what works for you :)

Josh

Wiebad WC mini torture cookie is my favorite front bag and a solid rear bag option. I still carry an OG gamechanger but haven't used it in over a month. For pump pillow type bags, I love the Cole-Tac Behemoth bag

QUESTION what bags are not sloppy meaning the fill is very close to max capacity of bag.
I have two bags-game changer small.large .
Are the heavy fill just as sloppy (loose fabric)?
reason for asking is with game changer bags I feel there's to much side to side flex in bag/fill figured if the v part of bag was more
solid it would hug the forearm and would take greater force to flex side to side.
Prs style rifles are heavy so a stiff bag would be much better I think?
hope I'm clear on what I'm trying to ask..........Thank You

that slop is necessary to fit multiple size barricades/posts/rails/rocks/trees/etc etc

if it was stiff, it would suck

Gamechanges etc have zippers. add more fill if you want.

Reactions: WATERWALKER
QUESTION what bags are not sloppy meaning the fill is very close to max capacity of bag.
I have two bags-game changer small.large .
Are the heavy fill just as sloppy (loose fabric)?
reason for asking is with game changer bags I feel there's to much side to side flex in bag/fill figured if the v part of bag was more
solid it would hug the forearm and would take greater force to flex side to side.
Prs style rifles are heavy so a stiff bag would be much better I think?
hope I'm clear on what I'm trying to ask..........Thank You

Ive got a coletac trap bags that’s rather stiff and it’s really not that great, you need to slam in into place to get it to flex over stuff and it’s got a fair bit of wobble in it. Now that just my personal experience, others might like theirs better.

I need to check if I can add fill.
I think there's a line between sloppy and stiff . I will do a study if I can fill my bags.
will check tonight.

I use a full size fortune cookie on pretty much every stage- either as a front or rear bag, depending. The exception is narrow windows that are too narrow for it to fit. A mini would be perfect for those, though less awesome on other props. I also have a pump pillow, though it only gets used a few times per match. It's greatest use is as a pillow for my son on the way back from matches. Maybe I'll use it more once he can drive...

My favorite front bag lately has been my Coletac waxed tricorn with their backbone arca mount. Super versatile on in a variety of situations.
5E1FA20F-C524-424A-B9A5-BDF17DE616C2.jpeg
C6C2A51D-06A0-45C2-9586-51DEECBF9074.jpeg
ED8723E5-B386-41BB-A7F6-6DB0CE8F74B8.jpeg
465BA725-2DBE-4F48-BBE5-4C20FC759933.jpg

Reactions: King_beardsly