• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic Advantage 6 arc barrels

JDLawrence3

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2021
Lincoln, DE
Are these barrels any good? Can't seem to find a lot of info. I'm building my first gas gun to shoot distance. Looking to shoot between 600-1000 yds. Are BA barrels capable? If not, what other barrels are recommended? I don't want to wait, but will I regret not spending the extra money and time on a CLE, Craddock, or proof?

Mediocre at best on the 2 6 ARCs I built. Much better results on the 5.56 and .308 barrels I've used.

Can vouch for the Proof 18" as I have one and it hammers. Friend works for HSI and has a 16" Proof that hammers as well. My Centurion arrives tomorrow so that's next on the docket.

Reactions: JDLawrence3
I've had 2 BA barrels (5.56 and 6.5 Grendel). One shot like poop around 1.5 MOA at best, the other shoots around .7 to .8 with hand loads, 1.25 with hornady black. They're budget barrels and shoot like it.

BA barrels can literally hit or miss.

Given the cost of ammo... spend more for a better barrel.

If you buy a ballistic advantage barrel, make sure you purchase from a reputable distributor with a loose return policy. You have about a 75% chance of getting a shit barrel with a 100% chance BA will not answer a phone call or email to take care of you……ever. My friend has been trying for three months to get ahold of BA via phone and email to warranty a shotgun pattern barrel. I will say this one is better than his last as the chamber is finished and doesn’t cause a case separation upon firing. He has finally seen the light and wrote this company off. Even Faxon would be an upgrade and that’s saying something.

Reactions: Cfshooter
I have a good 6.5 cm BA barrel, but maybe I got lucky. I'm still happy with it's performance. It's been sub-moa with handloads the entire time I've owned it.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...vantage-barrel-140-eld-m-h4350-loads.6392411/

I used to have a 6.5 grendel BA barrel and wasn't impressed with it, so I sold it. I also have a 308 barrel and 223 barrel. Both of those are ok shooters. I wanted cheap barrels and took the chance. If you want to roll the dice, go for it. You might get a good one, and you might not. Craddock, CLE or proof will do very well, but are significantly more costly than BA. I've recently switched to X-Caliber (6 ARC, 6.5 cm, and 308 and have been very impressed. Their wait times for custom orders are usually in the 4-8 week timeframe. You just missed their Thanksgiving sale, but will likely have a Christmas sale.

Reactions: bfoosh006