• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ballistic AE turret value

Mississippiboy

Pork
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2013
Mississippi
Could someone please explain how I go about setting my true turret value on my Ballistic AE app. I have a SS 3-15 mil scope. Do I dial over an inch at 100 yards then measure it and see what it actually is?

First off, we need to understand exactly what it is that you want to know. Are you asking "how" to enter your turret value? Or are you asking how to determine if your turret value varies from what your dial says? If it is the second, you need to either do a tall target test and calculate back what your real "click" value is (IE. 0.1 mil per click vs. 0.098 or 0.11 mil per click).

Here are some resources:

http://appliedballisticsllc.com/Articles/TallTarget.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Wf0Cuwwi8

Also, since I don't think that this is covered in the links above, here's a quick way to get the number to put into your Ballistic AE app.

Shoot your tall target test to include at least 10 mils up dialing. Then compare the center of the group at ten mils by measuring how far off of the 10 mil mark on your target the center of the group is. 10 mils at 100 yards is 35.99". Suppose that you are 1" low at 100 yards when dialed to 10 mils on your scope.Here's your calculation:
34.99/35.99 = 0.9722
0.9722+9=9.9722
9.9722/10=0.997222 (actual value of one mil dialed on your scope).
0.99722/10=0.099722 (actual value of one click on your scope)
You would enter 0.099 as your click value​

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. You answered my question I needed to know the process of how I go about finding what my turret is actually moving