• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

ballistic calculator for iphone

CONDTN1

Corporal type
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Columbus, Ms.
I have been into long range shooting/hunting for a little while now but I have never used a ballistic calculator. I was wondering what a good app for my iPhone would be that is not to technical, expensive or have a bunch of features that I will never use. thanks in advance.

I've just been using plain old Ballistic (not the AE version) for years and even for ELR to past a mile. It's not too complicated and works fine. I think that I paid $10-14 for it a number of years ago. Worth every penny.

I use Ballistic AE and have tried Trasol but never liked it nor did it match anything i was seeing down range.

Shooter was usually spot on for me. I think it was $30.

I use Ballistic AE and have tried Trasol but never liked it nor did it match anything i was seeing down range.

Then you have to adjust the drag curve. I had to tweak mine a bit but it was dead on all the way out to 1250 after that. I dropped AE for Trasol. I don't like apps where the only way to true is to adjust MV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you have to adjust the drag curve. I had to tweak mine a bit but it was dead on all the way out to 1250 after that. I dropped AE for Trasol. I don't like apps where the only way to true is to adjust MV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a way to adjust it after watching a youtube video on it. i am sure i can get Trasol to work and do what i want but i have gotten used to Ballistic AE so that it matches my dope and i can measure all my groups and save them with the app.

I use Ballistic AE as well. As long as I have a solid MV avg and make the right wind calls downrange it has been spot on to 1,600 yds. I've used iSnipe in the past and while it requires much less input than Ballistic AE, I did have decent results with it to 1,000 yds. I prefer Ballistic AE. It is not overly complicated while containing the inputs and options to provide an accurate firing solution. Of course with any of them; shit in = shit out.

I've used several and have found all of them to work if your input is correct. New shooters I know have found "Shooter" to be user friendly, affordable at $10 and they have a fairly large bullet library.

Ballistics AE has worked pretty well for me and it links with my Kestrel so makes it that much easier to get better readings. That being said all the calculator does get you some pretty close data to reference, however you always have to go to the range and find specific DOPE for your own rifle.

Strelok Pro $10 Done. Frequent updates. Includes angle shots, direction of fire, latitude, Includes lots of reticles, bullets, and you can keep your different rifles and loads in separate files, I think about 7 rifles and 5 loads, or more. Readouts in mils, MOA, SMOA, inches. Just got another update as I was typing this.

Strelok pro.. It has plenty of scopes to choose from, and is very user friendly in my opinion. Best 11 bucks I have spent in quite some time!

Caught Ballistic AE on sale for $14.99 and absolutely love it. Was dead on for me in a recent long range class.

I use BallisticsARC app ($15 for full version) and picked up GeoBallistics WeatherFlow WEATHERmeter for $85; so for $100 you have a kestrel with a ballistics program. I have only shot 2 rifles with it a 5.56 77gr and 6.5CM 129gr and both dopes have matched up to what I actually shot. Wind readings are on par with kestrel. If you have a spare iphone lying around you could even make it a dedicated system.