• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ballistic calculator

Re: Ballistic calculator

Wow that is an open ended question. There are several but for me FFS with the Nomad PDA is hard to beat. Loadbase is also good.

Personally I felt loadbase was a pain to use just not very user friendly to make it work the way I wanted. That being said if you wanted to invest the time reading the lengthy manual it seemed like an amazingly useful software suite (you get a pda version and a desktop version).

Personally I have been very satisfied with "Shooter" which you can get on both iOS devices and Android devices.

I find Strelok an amazing app for android and Iphone. Even has all the reticles for scopes available and showsyou the correct holdover. Verry elaborate and free (for android, Apple fans love to pay for their apps)

I really like Shooters, I have it on my Ipod and it is easy to use and covers everthing I need.

Brian spoke about the differences between some of the various more popular calculators a few weeks ago and it was prety interesting how different some of them operated. some as you would imaginee are just straight algorithms while others account for many additional variables, unfortunately I don't rmeember which ones were which. withouth knowing that, there is no better other than ease of use.

I use KAC or FTE because tahts what I have, althoughugh I would really like to try a bigtime on a dedicated platfrom since I think an Iphone is hte single worst piece of equipment you could ever have to use anywhere for something important ever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueVFRank</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find Strelok an amazing app for android and Iphone. Even has all the reticles for scopes available and showsyou the correct holdover. Verry elaborate and free (for android, Apple fans love to pay for their apps) </div></div>

hmm, i just downloaded Shrelok and i kinda like the options for reticules. i may have to mess with it.

For the most part all of them will get you good dope if you feed them good information. Now the question is what else do you want it to do for you. For instance, the FFS program will do just about everything you could dream of from a field device. You can link up your range finder and input multiple targets from different directions and the program will give you the dope with windage for each target based on a single wind input. But this program won't run pretty comparisons between different bullets you are considering on using.

I like Shooter too. Strelok is great for a free app though. But shooter is just so easy to use.