• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ballistic Calculators???

gathumper

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2011
South Florida
I need some advice on purchasing a new ballistic computer. I have never used one before, and have always relied on dope charts, and other simple methods. Well I'm now shooting past the 1000 mark, and would like to see more 1st shot hits. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Ballistic Calculators???

2shots is heading in the right direction. It all depends on what devices you have at your disposal. I started with a pejas calculator on my crackberry and have recently upgraded to using "bulletflight" on an ipod. The military snipers are using the same thing which they have mounts for ipod to attach to their weapons systems. You can also punch in your numbers for the current field conditions at jbm ballistics and print out a range chart. With todays new devices there are plenty of choices. I would make sure it's current and using the g7 drag models. I say this because the older pejas system I was working with was based on g1 which uses flatbase spitzer designed bullets as a working system. (i started missing at longer ranges on first round shots because of this) HTH and good luck.

Re: Ballistic Calculators???

IMO, an ipod, iphone or ipad with the JBM software is the way to go. I sure wish they'd release it for android.