• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic coefficient cci standard velocity help

Check out this thread, stickied at the top of this sub-forum:

It has a bunch of ballistics charts for .22 LR and on page two, I think maybe post #74, I linked the updated charts which include the various BCs I found for the included loads. Since I shoot a lot of CCI SV, it is in there also.

It's on the ballistic arc app from memory

Just checked as above g1 0.105

Reactions: lash
So according to the info shown in the ballistics chart thread the Aguila .22 bullet has nearly twice the BC as the CCI Standard bullet.

22 bullets varying from .105 to .197...? I am not an engineer and only using my eyeball and looking at the bullets but I am saying/asking (cough cough bullshit) "really" on this.

Maybe I should just say Huh?

Could always get a few boxes of different loads and work up dope and back-calculate your drag models in a ballistics calculator. But at the end of the day, they are .22’s man. What are we trying to accomplish establishing ballistic coefficients for a bullet that drops like 26 feet at 400yd?

These BC charts are estimates at best even from the factory. You have to take the rifle out and shoot it in order to find the correct impact point for yourself. Yesterday I was shooting SK Standard with what was to be a .130 BC at 5500 altitude to 377 yards.
For some reason my calculations with the .130 BC put me over the top of the target. On re calculation the actual BC is .171.

Could always get a few boxes of different loads and work up dope and back-calculate your drag models in a ballistics calculator. But at the end of the day, they are .22’s man. What are we trying to accomplish establishing ballistic coefficients for a bullet that drops like 26 feet at 400yd?
To get accurate dope out to 400 yards I would assume.

I get 1091FPS out of my rifle, and I checked BC with two chronographs on a 100yd target. I came up with .123 G1, and my DOPE is good out to the 300yds that I've shot.

How are y’all calculating BC?
As mentioned in the thread that I linked, I “calculated” the BC of the CCI SV by looking it up in the loads section of Ballistic for iOS.

C5D27F31-5B0D-438F-A934-09F2C66D6218.png

the .105 BC has worked for me out to 325 yards in my Mark II.

Think it might have been off about 1.5 mil at 430yd for me but I don’t have my dope in front of me, been awhile since I even shot that rifle.

So according to the info shown in the ballistics chart thread the Aguila .22 bullet has nearly twice the BC as the CCI Standard bullet.

22 bullets varying from .105 to .197...? I am not an engineer and only using my eyeball and looking at the bullets but I am saying/asking (cough cough bullshit) "really" on this.

Maybe I should just say Huh?
If that was directed to me, I’ll just say that you are welcome to believe or not believe. It matters not to me. But it’s obvious from your response that you've never tried to shoot your .22 at any distance that required dialing or knowing the ballistics. If you had, you wouldn’t take such an uneducated stance on something that you have no idea about.

If you have a real issue with the supplied BCs, I suggest that you take it up with JBM and with the creators of Ballistic. They used the JBM ballistic library and engine to create their application. At least initially.

As I mentioned numerous time in the linked thread that has the charts I put together, I did not create the data. I merely put it into an easily usable format for people to use as a starting point when first shooting long range .22.

Thanks I saw that you mentioned that app, I was curious if there were publicly available formulas to build a spreadsheet. Haven’t hand any luck searching so I guess I’ll get the app.

Every bc I have tried is close but not dialed in. I have got my data figured out to 400 but am curious what my bc is.

If that was directed to me, I’ll just say that you are welcome to believe or not believe. It matters not to me. But it’s obvious from your response that you've never tried to shoot your .22 at any distance that required dialing or knowing the ballistics. If you had, you wouldn’t take such an uneducated stance on something that you have no idea about.

If you have a real issue with the supplied BCs, I suggest that you take it up with JBM and with the creators of Ballistic. They used the JBM ballistic library and engine to create their application. At least initially.

As I mentioned numerous time in the linked thread that has the charts I put together, I did not create the data. I merely put it into an easily usable format for people to use as a starting point when first shooting long range .22.

Nope... Not directed at you at all. Your charts are very interesting and easy to navigate. Just what I said - nothing more. I can look at a centerfire bullet and "see" that there is a considerable and visible difference in the bullets shape from high BC and low BC bullets and I am just not seeing it in the very similarly shaped rimfire bullets. Just my uneducated know nothing observation.

Maybe I should have Only said Huh.... :)

Last edited:
According to CCI's website the G1 BC is .120.

FWIW, I chronographed SV ammo out of my 18" barrel @ 1091FPS, so a little better than the published 1070FPS they got with a 16" barrel.

Nope... Not directed at you at all. Your charts are very interesting and easy to navigate. Just what I said - nothing more. I can look at a centerfire bullet and "see" that there is a considerable and visible difference in the bullets shape from high BC and low BC bullets and I am just not seeing it in the very similarly shaped rimfire bullets. Just my uneducated know nothing observation.

Maybe I should have Only said Huh.... :)
.22 bullets have such a poor bc, it’s completely different. Don’t think of it in percentage of bc and instead just think of it as you do with bullets higher in bc. In other words, I doubt you could Visually tell the difference between a 6mm bullet with a .526 bc and one with a bc of .589.

.22 bullets have such a poor bc, it’s completely different. Don’t think of it in percentage of bc and instead just think of it as you do with bullets higher in bc. In other words, I doubt you could Visually tell the difference between a 6mm bullet with a .526 bc and one with a bc of .589.
Yes I agree Mo-tor.....

I definitely should have just said Huh..... 😁