• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic FTE Update problems?

Edgewater

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I just loaded the newest update for Ballistic FTE on my iphone. I now cannot open the program. Every time I try to open the program it just crashes. I have tried to reload it and have had no luck. Is anyone else having problems with the newest update? I'm using a 3G. I'm not sure if there is a conflict with the older operating systems now that there is the 3GS and 4. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Ballistic FTE Update problems?

It also works for me but I have the iPhone 4

Did you try restarting the phone?

Yep, restarted the phone. Erased the app and reloaded it. All with no luck.

I got the same problem.

Have you jail breaked your phone?(mine is)

non "jail broken"

I have a feeling it is a conflict in the OS. I have an email in to Jonathan. Hopefully this will get resolved.

I use the 3G and have done the update. Mine seems to work.

I'm not running a 3G, so it may not be as helpful, but with the update released today (03/30/11), I am not having any troubles/difficulties with it running 100%.

Ballistiv FTE v2.5.0 seems to be running fine on iPod Touch 4 with iOS 4.3.1.

forgot to mention that I´m still on OS 4.0 on my iphone 3GS

EDIT - Updated to OS 4.3 and it works fine now.

Update: problem seemed to be an OS updating problem on my computer. App is now up an running. I'm not sure why my computer would not update the OS on the phone, I had to use my wife's computer to update to the 4.2 OS. Anyway, seems that the problem is on my end and not with the App. Thanks to all those who have chimed in trying to help.

My phone is Jailbroken and after the update today the app does not run. I hope they fix it.

Hope I'm not hijacking here, slightly different but same basic problem. I'm still using a 1st gen iPhone. Yeah, I know I'm supposed to pay the Apple and ATT tax and get the shiny new one. Well this one still works, if software developers would still support it.

OS 3.1.2 is the highest that will update on the 1st gen iPhone so that's where I'm at.

Updated the latest Ballistic FTE a couple days ago and yeah, I'm having the same problem. Won't run.
mad.gif

Anyone else here running an older iPhone and is this update working for you?

Emailed Jonathan & submitted bug reports but no reply as of yet.

Very bummed. I really like this app and I use it all the time in 1K comps.

-d

On his website he put a disclaimer saying:

"Due to recent changes in newer versions of iOS, methods used in older versions of iOS have been deprecated. To adapt Ballistic to fully support the latest versions of iOS, you'll now need iOS v4.2 or later to use Ballistic. If you are having any problems, please consider upgrading."

I posted earlier I'm using an older 1st gen iPhone and emailed Jonathan about the broken update. Got an email reply today:

"Compatibility will be fixed in 2.5.1. Sorry for the inconvenience."

That's definitely reassuring. I like this app a lot.

-d

Had the same issues, but an iPhone OS update was all it took to restore it to full function. A good reminder of the value of a printed copy of basic data.