• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic Software apps for Android

Tex1970

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2008
Seattle, Washington . USA
grin.gif
I just got a G1 android phone and am wondering if anyone has experience with the Shooter app, or ideas on better software than shooter. I shoot a GAP 308 and a TRG 42 and am going shooting this summer out to 1500 yards to 2000. Now I know that leaves the 308 in the dust but we will be shooting it 600 to 1200yards. SO any experience or pointers on the shooter program, or heads up for better software is appreciated. Thanks for any and all responses. Randy

Re: Ballistic Software apps for Android

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LiteTac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brian Litz just brought one out for the Android. I have not used it in the field, just looked over it and it is very comparable to the Knights Armament's Bullet Flight. I was impressed for $10.00

Here you go.

http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/index_files/Products.htm </div></div>

Which app are you talking about? The one in the link is the shooter app...if you were talking about a different one let us know I'm all ears for a new ballistic calc on android.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captramrod01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Which app are you talking about? The one in the link is the shooter app...if you were talking about a different one let us know I'm all ears for a new ballistic calc on android.</div></div>

Is there really a need for another one? Shooter has everything anyone could possibly need. Do you just not like the GUI?

So how do I use shooter? All it wants me to do is "add a firearm". I seemed to figure out JBM just fine, but Shooter has me stumped.

I have been using "Shooter" on my HTC "Desire" Android phone now for a couple of months.
It is great and has totaly replaced my PDA loaded with Exbal.
Did a short write up on it ...... here

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniperaviator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So how do I use shooter? All it wants me to do is "add a firearm". I seemed to figure out JBM just fine, but Shooter has me stumped. </div></div>

Shooter requires you set up profiles for the firearm and load.
Go ahead and add a firearm profile, then a load profile.
Trust me; you will be glad you entered the profiles. Once you enter them they will always be a click away.

I did "add a firearm". But when I activate shooter, all I can do is get the "add a firearm".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LiteTac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brian Litz just brought one out for the Android. I have not used it in the field, just looked over it and it is very comparable to the Knights Armament's Bullet Flight. I was impressed for $10.00

Here you go.

That program IS "Shooter Ballistic" and it was written by a member here "seankndy" and IIRC, Litz helped with subsequent upgrades. (dont quote me on that part though)

Shooter is better than any of the other apps I've tried, iSnipe, Bulletflight or Ballistic FTE.

Anyone know of a similar quality app for the crack berry?

I know I should use it as a reactive target, but can't decide between droid & iPhone and a ballistic app is kinda my deciding factor?

Everyone seems to like shooter so I'm leaning towards it?

Here you go.

Shooter I think is using Bryan's info in the model. Dont think it is a new one.

shooter has worked very well for me, good enough to put my 338 edge spot on @ 872 yds, and within 1 moa @ 1470 .

I have been using the Lite version of shooter for quite awhile.

Today I paid the $10and upgraded to the full version. I assumed there would be a way to import all my data (saved firearms and saved ammo) to the full version and not have to re-do everything, but I cant find that option.

Can anybody help?

I have it on my EVO. I am currently in a long range school. During practice it was spot on. I will be giving it plenty of testing this week. So far I really like it.

it is really close to being dead on. only a 1/4 to a 1/2 minute off at times. could be temp of my ammo affecting velocity. and of course the wind is hard to dial in with it whipping from 10 to 2 o'clock.

but overall the data given will get you on paper, I used it out to 700 yard thus far.

If you are going to use Lapua bullets, you may want to try QTU from Lapua;

http://www.lapua.com/en/customer-center/lapua-ballistics/lapua-ballistics-software.html

Quote:
"Lapua Ballistics is based on precisely accurate Doppler radar ballistic measurements of Lapua bullets- professional data available only for Lapua bullets. This makes Lapua Ballistics much more accurate than any other ballistic program for mobile phones. Only Quick Target Unlimited software can compare to this degree of accuracy. As an example, error with this program

in elevation is less than 2.5 cm (1”) for 338 Lapua Magnum at 1,500 meters (1,640 yds) –less than a quarter of one click, with a standard 1&#8260;4 MOA click scope . With traditional B.C. (G1), error would be over 1 meter (>40”)."