• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Bangin' Steel, Jersey Style

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA
Had the pleasure of taking my 15 year old niece out to shoot LR for the first time. Heck, it was the first time she shot anything bigger than a .22. Well she's got skills. First round hit at 950 yards with Tigerbikes 18" GAP built AR10, and she shot my .243 like she's been doing it all her life. Special thanks to Jerseymike, one Helluva instructer and friend, as well as Tigerbikes and his 15 year old daughter--also doing her generation proud. It was great to see well-mannered, great kids taking an interest in our sport.

Her smile says it all!

July2010007.jpg

July2010008.jpg

July2010018.jpg

July2010010.jpg

July2010016.jpg

Re: Bangin' Steel, Jersey Style

Ok scout, one question...where in the hell in jersey of all places were you able to shoot that distance??? When I was trapped in NY not too long ago, I was limited to 200 yds.

I am blessed to have a good friend with a big chunk of land.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok scout, one question...where in the hell in jersey of all places were you able to shoot that distance??? When I was trapped in NY not too long ago, I was limited to 200 yds. </div></div>

Yeah, when I lived in Hoboken years ago, banging steel was your car getting hit by people that sucked at parallel parking!

That was the biggest problem in NJ. You had to drive either over 2hrs south, or leave the state to get past 200 yds. Now that I am free I only need to drive 10 minutes out of town and got miles to play with. But I do miss porkroll.

Hey, danged neato session, Joisey Dude. Me from Joisey, too! Far, far away, long time 'go.

Nice young lady, down to them braids 'n such, gotta picture of my own daughter, same 'do. She's 39 now.

Taking them out from 50ft and the .22LR and puttin' 'em behind a Kyd rifle at a Kyd target is something we tried with our youth program. Probably the smartest move we ever made.

You keep hangin' in there, y'hear?

Yeah, miss the porkroll, and a damned good full sour kosher dill, too. We cheat. You can get Taylor Porkroll in Eastern PA and in Northern Florida too. Worth a 'rodetrip!" once in a while...

..and these folks have <span style="font-style: italic">no</span> idea what actually good bread and pizza is supposed to be like...

Here in CNY, in some ways, it's a vast wasteland...

Greg

Affirmative Dave- The Pines it is. Jersey Pizza still rocks, the taxes still suck and Pork Roll is still Jersey's greatest product!

Hoboken still has the best fresh Muzz on earth--and if you are lucky enough, you can shoot 1200 yards within the Garden State! Although the sugar sand and a hot day will test the best of equipment and ability to shoot in extreme mirage conditions.

Best of all, there are a fantastic group of dedicated shooters like Tigerbikes and Jerseymike as well as AI Shooter and akula2007.

Here's a few more pics.

July2010015.jpg

July2010014.jpg

July2010003.jpg

July2010012.jpg

Looks like a great time. I am definitely going to take you up on the invite when I get some time.

Looks like a good time!

But was I the only one that thought there would be pics or video of the police shooting up a car jacked vehicle down around Newark? LOL
laugh.gif

You guys need to open your minds. There is alot more to Jersey than the turnpike!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys need to open your minds. There is alot more to Jersey than the turnpike!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Well.....not that much more

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys need to open your minds. There is alot more to Jersey than the turnpike!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Well.....not that much more </div></div>

Pulaski Skyway???

I'm in Teterberough all the time and the only thing I can do there is try my best to leave.

The part of Jersey in the pictures looks nice.

Best view I had of Jersey was in my rearview mirror the day I moved out. The is more to NJ than the turnpike, but mostly if you are in the south end.

Hiked the AT a lot from Camp Mohican to the Gap. One Washington's Birthday, recovering from the Chemo, I broke trail up out of the Gap to the top of Tammany. Was with my Scouting pals from my teenage years. Kept me motivated. May be a good part of why I'm still here.

Glad to see so many fond memories of the Garden State.

Tucsondave - Finn is our second Irish Wolfhound.
They certainly are not for everyone but are my favorite breed by far.
Here he is on "his" couch:

357qzxh.jpg

BTW, we also have spectacular seasons here in NJ...

8z2tsi.jpg

8x2zbr.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tiger Bikes: is KarenAnn Quinlan still the Garden States #1 Vegetable? </div></div>

OUCH!! And man are you dating yourself!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tiger Bikes: is KarenAnn Quinlan still the Garden States #1 Vegetable? </div></div>

OUCH!! And man are you dating yourself! </div></div>

Yeah,but you know who I'm talking about,so you cannot be too far behind,
smile.gif

I do miss the Tic Tock

I was 5 when she had her ill-fated night of partying! I moved to Jersey in 95--but early on in my career I tried a case with "right to death" implications so I got to know her legend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys need to open your minds. There is alot more to Jersey than the turnpike!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Well.....not that much more </div></div>

Pulaski Skyway??? </div></div>

The Pulaski skyway is how polish people get to heaven.

--Fargo007

I used to Hike the Jersey and PA side of the Appalachian Trail when I was younger. Thanks for the pics. That brings back some memories.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Pulaski skyway is how polish people get to heaven.

--Fargo007
</div></div>

And dirtbags get back to Newark...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Pulaski skyway is how polish people get to heaven.

--Fargo007
</div></div>

And dirtbags get back to Newark... </div></div>

ie,Newark is heaven? or just the Oranges in general? LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, I grew up in Newark...!!!

TT...Diner? </div></div>

Meatloaf and mashed. Newark=Heaven ie. Greg is an angel?

Greg is <span style="font-style: italic">not</span> an Angel. He's a Nicky Newark.

Love the pictures, I love going to the Henry Hudson trail with my wife and 7 yr old , it is in my backyard! Hey how do I get an invite for long range stuff?