• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Banners for dummies?

No. You can buy “For Sale Access” prior to earning “full member” status. You’re a full member, so go ahead and play in the px.

Reactions: DIBBS
As noted when you enter the for sale forum -

"For Sale Forum *Note* You must have Full Member Status and a complete profile in order to post items for sale. "

I'm not sure your profile is "complete" or not by the site's standards.

Somewhere else it tells you you can buy full member status for $25, so you will see people with under 100 posts that are full members.

Reactions: DIBBS
Is there a list somewhere that tells what all the banners mean?

I get some of them
Belligerent / one who wages war (vets)
For sale access / they had sales priorities...

But I'm not sure about some of the others
Private first class...
Hessian....

So is there a list for dummies?

Yeah, I still don't get it. I think it's that Hessian means mercenary means paid-to-access-sale-forum?

But why are many of us Belligerents? I think it's good, but am not tracking why or if it's like a rank and is above or below others?

It looks like belligerent is just a title for the old heads of the forum because we tend to give no bull shit answers in a confrontational manner if I'm reading correctly

Wow I honestly can't believe this is a question,

Full member has been changed to belligerents,

For sale access is a mercenary because rather than contribute in a meaningful way they buy in to sell. Hence I thought it funny to call them a Hessian, I didn't want to use modern titles.

Other ranks are carry overs and just give you an idea of their history, more rank, more posts. They don't all work right because of software changes over time so they are easy to ignore.

It helps us more than you , you guys don't care, but we can easily identify issues with them.

I think it's cool idea, I just didn't know what they all were. I'm good with the idea. Helps us know a little better who we are dealing with in the PX section too possibly.

Roll on chief, just making sure I'm tracking

Reactions: Stooxie
Wow I honestly can't believe this is a question,

Full member has been changed to belligerents,

For sale access is a mercenary because rather than contribute in a meaningful way they buy in to sell. Hence I thought it funny to call them a Hessian, I didn't want to use modern titles.

Other ranks are carry overs and just give you an idea of their history, more rank, more posts. They don't all work right because of software changes over time so they are easy to ignore.

It helps us more than you , you guys don't care, but we can easily identify issues with them.

1549825278718.png

At the risk of being considered among the uninformed, I'm glad then OP asked this question! I'm super flattered that I am a "Sargeant of The Hide" but how does that get determined? I'm just curious, not like I am planning to compete! ;)

What does the "Minuteman" signify?

Ok, I think I found it in the link posted above... disregard!

-Stooxie

Last edited:
I just noticed color tags near the username and are different from user to user is there a glossary for the meanings I know this may be a dumb question but curious.

Reactions: woodlandshooter
Belligerents? Really?

Somehow I get the feeling the site is coming off its rails...

If this is meant as humor, I'm just not getting it...

I take pride in being a long term member of The 'Hide, but when the site refers to me as a Belligerent, I am awash in confusion.

Greg

Please disregard this post; I was too stupid to understand what was being conveyed.

Personally, I'm fine with the label.

Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: ZG47A
What a bunch of fucking drama queens,

Belligerents is a terms of endearment used to describe the colonials during the revolutionary war.

If you dont' think the members of this site are considered belligerents you have not been paying attention. that is the reputation you have

I am gonna change that shit because the crying is too much for me to handle

Reactions: 6.5 GUY and ZG47A

Belligerents is a terms of endearment used to describe the colonials during the revolutionary war.

If you dont' think the members of this site are considered belligerents you have not been paying attention. that is the reputation you have

Maybe a special manually-applied tag "Whiny Bitches"?

LL<

As the OP, I am chiming back in... I did not mean to launch a crybaby thread. I was simply trying to understand where the forum was heading.
I , personally, embrace the title of "belligerents". Who GAF what the titles are... ? My purpose was to simply understand the difficulties you were having managing RE: the PX. Life should not be this hard...

Last edited:
I dig the title Belligerents, I hope you keep it around Lowlight. But, your playground, your rules. I think word will get around quickly enough as to what the badges mean and the questions/whining will die down. Enough of us have seen the explanation that we can answer any that continue to pop up.
Downside to changing it will be people will once again not know what is what and the merry-go-round starts over.

I haven't been around in a while but I am really liking what you have done with the hide.

Semper Fi