• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barker machine works 375 cheytac and 6.5 creedmoor

taterxl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2010
Idaho
www.boisetactical.com
Hey guys~

We just got done with the IFAMA expo yesterday and wanted to make a post about Barker Machine Works. We got an opportunity to put some rounds through their 375 cheytac and 6.5 creedmoor overwatch rifles and were more than impressed.

We could only shoot to 500 yards at the range we had but both guns performed excellent. We have heard of Barker Machine Works rifles but never had a chance to see one in person or shoot one and I have to say the actions were glass smooth and the triggers were outstanding.

The 375 weighted in at 16 pounds and had no more recoil than my trg-42 in 338LM. Barker machine works builds one hell of a rifle and I actually ordered one on the spot I was so impressed. We should have it in about 2-3 months and I will post some pics and range reports.

If you haven't checked them out you should. Very impressive rifles at an even more impressive price. With the performance we got from these two rifles they should be selling for quite a bit more as they easily compare to rifles much more expensive.

We also got the chance to see Dynamic Research's hand turned bullets and have to say they are very nice! We will be ordering some for our 308's and our new 375. Check both of these companies out.

Very impressive products and they both really know their stuff.

We posted some pictures on our facebook page of the rifles if you want to take a look.

Re: Barker machine works 375 cheytac and 6.5 creedmoor

That's good to hear. I've been waiting on an M24 action for my .338 Lapua LD for roughly 4 months but John told my smith last week it could be close. That 16lb cheytac is plain badass; meets the max weight for ID hunting-beautiful!

John does great work, we were pretty bummed when we ran out of ammo..lol

The 16 pound cheytac was awesome, recoiled like our 338lm and we thought it might make a fun long range coyote and antelope gun..lol..

Congrats!! I can't wait to see pics.

The 375 Cheytac 16lbs rifle at the range in Nampa. Below it is the 6.5 with an Elite Iron can getting ready to take a shot on a bowling pin at 500 meters One shot pin down.

Namparange.jpg

Nampa65.jpg

John is making me an Overwatch action (Cheytac size) with a 338 Lapua boltface. Going to have a 25lb 338 Lapua or so rifle when finished. Shouldn`t recoil at all. Can`t wait!

I was amazed at the recoil from the 16 pound light overwatch. Made it an easy decision to order one considering it is light enough to hunt with and didn't have any more recoil than our 338LM.