• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barnes .264 127gr LRX

Ranger2co

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2020
I'm thinking about loading the Barnes 129gr LRX in a 260 Rem for hunting. Anyone have hunting experience with this bullet? Powder suggestions?

I run them for hunting in a 6.5 Creed..... usually very accurate. They like to jump, start at .050" off the lands and work back to find what works best..... they are very effective on deer sized game especially inside 600 yds.

the BC is not as high as other options and they shed velocity quickly but there is no doubt they will not only expand violently but will also punch through leaving a exit wound..... I've taken 4-5 deer between myself and kids the past couple years without incident, they just work.

i Will say they react differently on steel, kind of make a ping sound on impact and leave very little splash, usually just a slight smudge of copper in the paint!

Reactions: Ranger2co
I run them for hunting in a 6.5 Creed..... usually very accurate. They like to jump, start at .050" off the lands and work back to find what works best..... they are very effective on deer sized game especially inside 600 yds.

the BC is not as high as other options and they shed velocity quickly but there is no doubt they will not only expand violently but will also punch through leaving a exit wound..... I've taken 4-5 deer between myself and kids the past couple years without incident, they just work.

i Will say they react differently on steel, kind of make a ping sound on impact and leave very little splash, usually just a slight smudge of copper in the paint!
Thanks for the advice. I'll give them a try.

I LOVE this bullet in the 260 and the 6.5 CM. Great deer/hog killer. Exceptional killer. I’ve killed 12 deer and a like number of hogs with this bullet. They all penetrated straight thru with good expansion. I’ve only recovered 1 bullet. It was on a large whitetail buck, and it quartered thru from the right shoulder to the left hindquarters, stopping on the skin.GREAT expansion with minimal meat lose. Buck was DRT.

Use with confidence.

BEST,

WILL

I LOVE this bullet in the 260 and the 6.5 CM. Great deer/hog killer. Exceptional killer. I’ve killed 12 deer and a like number of hogs with this bullet. They all penetrated straight thru with good expansion. I’ve only recovered 1 bullet. It was on a large whitetail buck, and it quartered thru from the right shoulder to the left hindquarters, stopping on the skin.GREAT expansion with minimal meat lose. Buck was DRT.

Use with confidence.

BEST,

WILL
Great information. Thanks Will!