• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barnes LRX Bullets Unobtanium

Hawk in WY

Private
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2013
Jackson Hole, WY
Now the heavier .308 LRX bullets have become unobtanium.

Barnes says all their shipments are going to Cabela's who don't do mail orders. The nearest stores are one and a half and five hours away.

Has anyone seen the 200, 209, or 212 Barnes LRX bullets recently?

Thanks for the intel.

It's really frustrating to have to work up new loads in summer for fall hunting.

Reactions: ChidJ
Midway USA has them in 0.264 $47 for 50. I realize your post was about 30 cal but just incase you reloaded them in 6.5 just thought I’d let you know.

Ammoseek is showing 208s at Saint Barbs Bullets. Never ordered from there so no idea how legitimate.

Now the heavier .308 LRX bullets have become unobtanium.

Barnes says all their shipments are going to Cabela's who don't do mail orders. The nearest stores are one and a half and five hours away.

Has anyone seen the 200, 209, or 212 Barnes LRX bullets recently?

Thanks for the intel.

It's really frustrating to have to work up new loads in summer for fall hunting.

If you don't find some soon, PM me and I can dig some out. I have a couple hundred of the 200gn on my shelf. It's my primary bullet for my 300WM, but I can spare some for a hunter in need.

Reactions: Hawk in WY