• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barnes LRX

BARichardson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2013
L.V.N.V.
Has anyone used the Barns LRX bullet with good success?

I just got a box in the 6.5 gona try some loads but looking for starting points

Powders I have on hand

IMR4350
H-4350
H-4831sc
Varget
H-4895
Superformance

Any ideas guys?

Sorry I have them in a 7.83 Lazzeroni warbird and they shoot like SMK bullets! I love them. Don't have data for a 6.5 but plenty on the Warbird...testing more tomorrow...

But I really like the LRX

Wish I could help used them in a 300 win bullet never expanded for me so I switched to Berger.

My Savage in .260 shoots the 127gr LRX very well with H4350 and Fed match primers. 1.75" 300 yd group. I'd have to check my notes for charge, but they were averaging 2860 fps out of a 22" barrel. I hit a cow elk at 150 yds, the bullet passed right through and she dropped right on the spot. So far, I am really happy with them.

Last edited:
mine shot very good too, on first load I tried and I don't remember which powder but it shot at least .5 for 5 shots. I always liked barnes bullets.

My Savage in .260 shoots the 127gr LRX very well with H4350 and Fed match primers. 1.75" 300 yd group. I'd have to check my notes for charge, but they were averaging 2860 fps out of a 22" barrel. I hit a cow elk at 150 yds, the bullet passed right through and she dropped right on the spot. So far, I am really happy with them.

What charge were you loading with the H-4350?