• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barnes precision

gunit

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2012
im just looking to see if anyone has any feedback on barnes precision AR type rifles,

Great rifles, and I've been told they're good people. They support matches in their area well too.

Here's an upper they donated to Woodys DMR match last year.

38909F6B-1AF0-4E06-BC84-5A5536BD2017-13296-000011174A98C832.jpg

Last edited:
just picked one up today, a DMR model, thanks for the feedback

I've had a BPM Patrolman's carbine since December of 2013. Read a glowing review on the rifle online and took a chance and ordered one sight unseen from Gander Mountain for $1199 on sale. I live in Montana and we don't even have Gander Mountain in state yet. Man was I pleased. A superior rifle with high quality parts and impeccable fit and finish. I inadvertently, and stupidly, inflicted some damage to the barrel not long after I received it and contacted Andrew about options for repair or replacement. He told me to return the upper, he machined a tad off the outer finish of the barrel and returned it free of charge, as good as new, and threw in one of their NIB BCGs free of charge as well ( Barnes had only started fitting the rifle with NIB BCGs after I bought my model). This was service truly above and beyond anything I have experienced.

As far as shooting, I have a White Oak Armament precision 16" barrel installed in a CMMT billet build and the Barnes matches the WOA barrel shot for shot. It is a pure shooter. Barnes rifles and service are for real. Step out of the Colt, DD, Larue, BCM, etc. mold and get a Barnes. You won't be sorry.

They are good folks, make a great rifle and support a lot of matches. Lots of SF guys in the Ft Bragg area run their kit.

I really like the Handguard I bought from them, if I remember correctly they produce all parts in house also. The reason I went with the ultralight extreme BPM rail is the 12" version allows for a proper fit when using a flip-up front sight gas block.