• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel chhoice.

Update on my udpdate.

Taking all the good advice into account, I found a good deal on the rifle below, with great review, for $900. Not a lot different from what I've got, which shoots half MOA or better as far as I've shot it to 300. As y'all taught me, length of barrel improves velocity which improves long range terminal performance. This is 24" (as opposed to 20") and a better chassis so I think it should get me to a mile. I decided to go ahead since it seems a good deal, and why dope one rifle then have to dope another? Quality ammo has gotten high. Better, if possible, to work up data on what Im going to shoot.

Gun Review: Remington Model 700 PCR Enhanced Rifle ...​

1684688568332.png
The Truth About Guns
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com › Gun Review

Sep 10, 2020 — Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor ; Weight: 9.9 lbs (without scope) ; Length: Approximately 42-44” ; Action: 700 SA (with an aircraft-grade aluminum alloy ...
You've visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 5/18/23

First who let Maggot out of the pit =)

Second on the shoulder, I'll echo the use of a break and a heavy rifle. With my frozen shoulder a few years ago, I added recoil pads (limbsavers) to my magnums and a shoulder recoil pad strap on (uhh did i just write those words?). It really helped with some nasty recoil on a lightweight 300 WM.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
First who let Maggot out of the pit =)

Second on the shoulder, I'll echo the use of a break and a heavy rifle. With my frozen shoulder a few years ago, I added recoil pads (limbsavers) to my magnums and a shoulder recoil pad strap on (uhh did i just write those words?). It really helped with some nasty recoil on a lightweight 300 WM.
Frank and the mods got careless, I snuck out.

For me, at 73, and the shoulder problem, 300 WM is not really an option. I think a good 6.5 CM with brake and pads will be all I need. If I can master that....

No worries, just using that (caliber) as an example. DOn't be afraid to utilize those recoil pads on 6.5, yeah its not the fury of a magnum, but its not negligible either. When at a class, shooting a supressed, heavy 6.5, my shoulder started to ache by day 3.

It can make a BIG difference on an injured limb.