• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel choice...

thickstrings

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2010
AR.
I'm about ready for a new project. I have a Rem.700 varmint spec., a older "80's" one, in .243. I want to re-barrel to 6.5Crmr. I have been reading about the Muller barrels and want a opinion on them. Most of my shooting bud's are running Bartlain's. We mostly shoot from the bench at 300 yrds. and ocasionaly to 1000 yrds. Also, is there a difference worth noting between 8 and 8.5 twist?

mullerworks are every bit as good as the other top barrel makers. Hes worked with several of the other barrel makers over the years and developed some new things in the barrel world. I had a muller on a 223ai that shot 1/4" with 50gr bullets up to 80gr. I highly recommend them.

No experience with Muller, but Bartlein serves me well. I have a Barty 7mm blank waiting for an action . Also have a Kreiger blank headed to GAP to be screwed on an older 700 action.