• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Barrel chop

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    Who has decent turn around times/prices to have a barrel chopped down and re-threaded?

Where are you located? You may want to check with local gunsmith first.

I know mine will typically have you drop it off in the morning, grab lunch and pick it up. $125ish.

Reactions: 260284
    I agree w the post above.

That said I use Phoenix Custom Rifles. They do the job right and take the time to index run out at 12o’clock. Does it matter? Idk. But it makes me feel better knowing they do all they can to make it right

Reactions: kthomas
    Listening as well. Local guy says 2-3 months.

Where are you located? You may want to check with local gunsmith first.

I know mine will typically have you drop it off in the morning, grab lunch and pick it up. $125ish.
    NE FL; outside Jax.

I don't remember, but I also had them media blast the barrel for a matte finish along with the chop/thread and the total price was very reasonable.

I had Deep South Tactical true up a Rem 700 and they were very timely, they were ready to shipi back to me in under two weeks and this was during the deep freeze power and water problems they were having. The work looks good and the price was also.

Morgan at class III machine in Dallas is who I've used. I think its $75 + shipping for a chop and thread. About 1 week turnaround.

Reactions: OG10