• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel Contour for a 22lr

cjs88

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    Starting to piece out my 22lr build. I have a manners t5a on order already, a tbac 22 takedown in jail, and a TT gold on the way. Looking at getting a vudoo barreled action. I am leaning towards the MTU contour but looking at bartlein's contour guide, an MTU seems pretty heavy for a 22. The only other contour offered on vudoo is a kukri. It is just going to be a target rifle but a 22 that with stock and barrel already approaching >8lbs seems like a lot. Any recommendations?

What length barrel are you considering, and how much do you care about a balance point on the rifle?
    Are you getting the T5A in Carbon Elite?
    Also, Vudoo uses their own MTU-V contour, not Bartlein's, specs are in their barreled action tab on the Vudoo webpage.
    Kukri is my vote, YMMV depending on what you mean by target rifle...

Edit: not sure if it's possible, but re-post in the Rimfire section for more input?

either is fine. The Vudoo MTU contour is not the same as a centerfire contour MTU. It's a bit thinner.

Reactions: akmike47