• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Barrel Threading question for an AAC Cyclone

waveslayer

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2012
    CA
    I sent my Remington 700 SS barrel to a gunsmith a few weeks back to have the barrel thereaded. I even faxed over the blue print from AAC for threading the barrel. The gunsmith called and said that he could not duplicate exactly the blue print that there will be a 1/16" gap between the suppressor and the barrel... I was a little disappointed, I don't think he has threaded a suppressor before, just muzzle brakes.

Is this an issue? Should I find someone else to thread the barrel?

Find another smith! The suppressor needs to tighten against the barrel shoulder and the shoulder must be square and the threads aligned with the center of muzzle.

I sent my Remington 700 SS barrel to a gunsmith a few weeks back to have the barrel thereaded. I even faxed over the blue print from AAC for threading the barrel. The gunsmith called and said that he could not duplicate exactly the blue print that there will be a 1/16" gap between the suppressor and the barrel... I was a little disappointed, I don't think he has threaded a suppressor before, just muzzle brakes.

Is this an issue? Should I find someone else to thread the barrel?

If you are in California, how do you have a suppressor?

Don't use bolsa chica gun Smith's they are no bueno. Just get it threaded in Utah or send it in somewhere.

Easy have a gun trust in a gun friendly state. Don't bring it into the debacle called California.

Amen, How to own real guns in CA, leave them in Utah and have a Trust! best investment to date!

I had asked a local smith to thread my AI 5/8x24, he said " what's that mean", needless to say I sent it to GA precision.