• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Barrel steel issues?

We've been asked this question a few times and as far as we are concerned the answer is no. I cannot speak for any other barrel makers though.

Also take what you hear with a grain of salt. Just because one guy had an issue with a barrel from barrel maker x doesn't mean there is a problem.

Recently I know of one maker that sent a lot of steel back to the supplier because they didn't like it. We've done that here and even when we we're at Krieger etc....sometimes someone here's something like this and the word/rumor mill automatically spreads that there is a steel problem.

If your in question about it and are buying a barrel from barrel maker x and are concerned about it call the barrel maker your working with and ask them flat out if there are any problems.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Get a hold of David Kerr at Progress Equipment. My guess is he doesn't have a barrel exactly like what you need in stock but he has a valid import/export license etc....and could place an order for you.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

yeah I haven't heard of any US material inferiority problems, it's been all good here. Only problem with the barrel steel supply is lead times are getting longer than they've been in a long time..

later

JR