• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cordova13

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2012
Boise, ID
So I have a Rem 700 xcr tac long range in 308 with about 6 or 700 rounds through it. I want to start looking at rebarreling. I would like to get a 5r. Does anyone know where I would be able to buy one? Or if anyone wants to give suggestions to another barrel that would be great. I dont really know who makes good barrels.

Re: Barrels

I had something like 3500 rounds on my xcr long range tac and it was still a very sub moa rifle.. You still have tons of life left in your rifle and if it's not shooting well anymore then maybe you need to look for if it needs cleaning, something has came loose, or if your shootin skills suck. You won't gain hardly anything over that barrel cause it's one of the few rifles Remington actually got mostly right...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had something like 3500 rounds on my xcr long range tac and it was still a very sub moa rifle.. You still have tons of life left in your rifle and if it's not shooting well anymore then maybe you need to look for if it needs cleaning, something has came loose, or if your shootin skills suck. You won't gain hardly anything over that barrel cause it's one of the few rifles Remington actually got mostly right... </div></div>

Thats good to know that it still has a lot of life left. I wasnt going to rebarrel yet I pretty much just wanted to start studying on different barrels I would like. It does shoot great though I love that rifle.

This is a good idea on your part, as many of the top barrel makers are out at least 6 to 7 monthes, maybe more. Always nice to have one to screw on when your ready.
cool.gif

Regards,
Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bolt fluter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a good idea on your part, as many of the top barrel makers are out at least 6 to 7 monthes, maybe more. Always nice to have one to screw on when your ready.
cool.gif

Regards,
Paul </div></div>

Tubes are real easy/quick to get if you know where to look....

ANY premium brand domestic cut rifled barrel will bring success so long as its well fitted to your action.

Three great resources for them are:

Bugholes.com
Grizzly industrial
Brunos shooter supply

You can have it in less than a week in most instances.

Good luck

C.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AGBM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Krieger,Rock Creek,Obermeyer </div></div>

Don't forget Bartlein!