• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Barrett M99 on the way!

Mall Ninja308556

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2011
Ok guys need some recommendations. I have a Remington R-25 (DPMS LR-308) that is setup like a Knights M-110 clone, and has a Weaver Grand Slam Tactical 3-10 x 40 mil/mil on it now. I have a Barrett M99 on the way that will need optics when it arrives next week. Although I have a decent budget for optics, I want to stay around $1000-$1200 total including mount. Here is the plan:

Buy something to put on the Barrett NOW that will later be put on the M-110 clone as an upgrade for the current Weaver thats on it. This will give me more time for research and money to buy something really nice for the Barrett. Something in the $2K-$3K range.

Id like, if its in the budget, to get 30mm, FFP, MIL/MIL and side parallax, illuminated reticle would be nice but not a big deal.

Ideas?

Ok guys need some recommendations. I have a Remington R-25 (DPMS LR-308) that is setup like a Knights M-110 clone, and has a Weaver Grand Slam Tactical 3-10 x 40 mil/mil on it now. I have a Barrett M99 on the way that will need optics when it arrives next week. Although I have a decent budget for optics, I want to stay around $1000-$1200 total including mount. Here is the plan:

Buy something to put on the Barrett NOW that will later be put on the M-110 clone as an upgrade for the current Weaver thats on it. This will give me more time for research and money to buy something really nice for the Barrett. Something in the $2K-$3K range.

Id like, if its in the budget, to get 30mm, FFP, MIL/MIL and side parallax, illuminated reticle would be nice but not a big deal.

Ideas?

First off... why not just go all out and get a 20mm?

Kidding... but as far as optics, look into a fixed SWFA scope in your choice of power. Its not like you will be engaging close quarters with the Barrett, im sure most of its life will be spent on a bench or proned out. Figure out your distance and get a magnification accordingly. Then you dont need to worry about parallax, FFP etc and just pick out the reticle, turrets and mag. I had the same epiphany when I got my 338 Lapua and started with a fixed 12x, then ended up getting a smokin deal on a NF so I switched just because of the deal. I never use more than 16x but if you see yourself needing 20, go for it. If youre going to upgrade later, just get the SWFA 16x for $300 and enjoy it to 1500 meters and that makes your baller scope budget much higher.

Its not like you will be engaging close quarters with the Barrett, im sure most of its life will be spent on a bench or proned out.
What? I was gonna steal my 1 o'clock sights from this:

2012-12-19_15-05-36_15_zps9560e281.jpg

I see kids running around on Call Of Doooty "hip firing" 50's all the time, why not do it at the range? ah hahahaha

Figure out your distance and get a magnification accordingly. Then you dont need to worry about parallax, FFP etc and just pick out the reticle, turrets and mag.

enjoy it to 1500 meters and that makes your baller scope budget much higher.

I guess I should have stated my intention for the system. I have engaged targets up to 1100 meters with 7.62 Nato, 375 Cheytac, 416 Barret, 338 Lapua and 50 BMG. I was planning on a 20-30 MOA type base and only using this weapons system for 400+ meter targets. I was planning on something more powerful than 10x as I currently have a 3-10x on my M110 clone and a spare Nikon 3-9x in the closet now and its not as much as I would like when getting in to 4 figure distances.

At the last "Shot Shoot" Barret had some badazz 35MM Leupolds on the M-107's that were high 20 to 30 times mag and they were AWESOME! With the M-107 I was able to pull off 1100 meter hits as rapid as 3-4 seconds apart. Of coarse this was also suppressed AND compensated so felt recoil was like a 300 Win or less. LOL

So a similar scope is what I plan on for the M-99 later on down the line...

Used for sure. I dont see a Leupold even close to what im looking for for under $1600-$2K!!

Used for sure. I dont see a Leupold even close to what im looking for for under $1600-$2K!!

No
I should have been clearer, I meant my Barrett M99
I don't shot mine anymore , anyways enjoy your new rifle they are very accurate .

No
I should have been clearer, I meant my Barrett M99
I don't shot mine anymore , anyways enjoy your new rifle they are very accurate .

Dang! I have been waiting for MONTHS to get one. How much would you sell it for? Any ammo or optics with it?

Yeah I guess with the FFP they get up there pretty fast. The used Mark 4s w/ SFP is in the $1000 range though.

Dang! I have been waiting for MONTHS to get one. How much would you sell it for? Any ammo or optics with it?

We can take it to PM but you said you have been waiting for months and your new rifle arrives next week.
So I take it you already bought it.

This isn't a for sale thread by me so If you want to talk PM me

Ok Vortex Viper 6-24x50 FFP on the way. Anyone use QD mounts on a 50? I hate cleaning rifles with optics as i worry about getting harmful solvents (brake/carb cleaner etc.) on the scope. This rifle is HUGE and a PITA to clean. I have had great luck with the ARMS mounts on my EoTech returning exactly to zero. But that is a big difference with a 24 power scope and very long range! Recommendations?

I ended up deciding to go the NF Ultra Light route since this setup will end up on my Mk12 SPR or M110 clones. Ill keep looking at the throw levers in the mean time...