• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett mrad makers kit.

M_kats28

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2018
I’m looking at having a custom barrel made for a Barrett mrad. Very limited info on the internet about the Barrett makers kit. Has anyone had this done or recommend a gunsmith that has done it? Thanks

where are you seeing this? I ask to help. We are also a Barrett dealer, and have a few MRADS in stock, but I am happy to answer your quesiton. I am not familiar with a makers kit

I’m in a similar boat. I have a mrad with a .260 Remington barrel that is shot out. Was hoping someone could re use the extension and make me another barrel.

Reactions: M_kats28
I’m in a similar boat. I have a mrad with a .260 Remington barrel that is shot out. Was hoping someone could re use the extension and make me another barrel.

Do you find any gunsmith who can do that for you? Also interested. Many thanks.

I just got a couple barrel maker kits. Waiting on bartlein to ship a couple more barrels then i'll be farming out the work. Curious to see how this all turns out. @Bugholes pm a cell number and I can share a pic with some more detail as to what has to be done or is required spec wise.

I just got a couple barrel maker kits. Waiting on bartlein to ship a couple more barrels then i'll be farming out the work. Curious to see how this all turns out. @Bugholes pm a cell number and I can share a pic with some more detail as to what has to be done or is required spec wise.
I've got all the specs, but the extension and nut pose some installation challenges. We have a solution and are finalizing installation tools now. 239-289-2338

Reactions: JollyGreen182
I've got all the specs, but the extension and nut pose some installation challenges. We have a solution and are finalizing installation tools now. 239-289-2338
If you have the specs/that little card they put in the kit then you're good. I just wish that was more public so others could spin up barrels for them, the itar warning on the one side makes me hesitant to post it.

True but if you dont need a magazine and a bolt, and have a burnt out barrel that the extension could be reused on, all you would need is a blank fitted to the old extension? looking at what 400? 500? 600? Better than 1300-1500 I would think. Thanks for the replies, I've been trying to find anyone who can do it.

I know there are a few smiths on here that do mrad barrels.
The Mrad thread has more information if you are still looking

Got a link to that thread? This is the only one I can find through google or forum search.

What are the barrel dimension requirements regarding the extension? How large of a shank is needed?