• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett REC7

Re: Barrett REC7

There's no picture or description in the original post or I'm too dumb to see what was posted.

Now that I've stuck my foot all the way in my mouth up to the knee, I see that you're posting about the Barrett... DUH!

OK, Barret originally built that rifle (as memory serves) in 2007-2008. They used to have two models of it that they made. One in 5.56 and the other in 6.8. Personally I like the 6.8 because it hits a lot harder than the 5.56. The lower is supposed to be a mil spec type lower so it fits into the M4 family for interchangeability and stuff that I can't spell without a dictionary.

Barrett makes a very reliable weapon that's durable and has all the good stuff you want in a weapon. The only issue I have with semi auto is that they are more expensive to purchase and use. I HAD one but traded it for a small dog. No really I did. Good dog and the barrett was an extra I didn't need. I wanted it... two diametrically opposed conditions in the world of mens.

I have one in 6.8SPC that has the ARMS SIR handguards. The newer ones have Daniel Defense handguards. I have a Leupold VX3 1.75x6 scope that is set up for dear hunting (as a back-up or a whatever rifle?). I really like the piston set-up and think it's the best in the industry. It's one of my most accurate AR's, but the trigger is horrible (very gritty). Other than that I really like the rifle and I think the newer handguards are an improvment. Barrett makes high quality rifles and you get what you pay for...

I've got two of them. the reason the triggers are stiff is because they are built to be drug through the crap. the reason we were given from Barrett was because when crawling or running or doing what ever, it was safer to have a harder trigger than a soft one. if it was a 1000yard gun, I could see having a lighter trigger but it being a 500 yard max gun, and a war hammer at that, a little harder trigger works well for what it is. Spoke with a few Special Forces guys who actually tested it for them and they said it was as tough a firearm there was. one said they would grab it first over many others. soak it in mobile one synthetic, buy all the ammo you can and run the hell out of it. it'll probably out last us.

I've got a friend that loves hers and I did get an opportunity to dump some mags through their 6.8 at Rifles Only one year with some of the other match ROs. We were ALL very impressed with the controlability of the rifle on F/A. Also, the only problems we had with any of the rifles after several hundred rounds were from one of the magazines being messed up.

163244_466695961746_8120185_n.jpg