• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett Strikes Again

Hairball

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2013
    SoCal
    As usual, Barrett decides to no longer support older rifle models that are out there so I am left looking for a comparable upper in 5.56 for my M468. I looked at them a few months ago and thought “I should get one as they have them in stock” but when I started searching yesterday after the wife gave me the green light, Barrett has discontinued all uppers and only sells the complete rifle. Any recommendations out there on a good solid upper, worried more about quality than I am price so I don’t want (best for cheapest) type of thing. Maybe someone out there still knows of an unused Barrett upper sitting in some small gun shop somewhere.

Sorry, haven't seen any Barrett uppers in stock.

Depending on what you like for specific features, some of the usual suspects for quality are BCM, Daniel Defense, KAC, and Noveske. Just pick the upper you want from any of them and it should be good to go.

I can't speak to piston uppers if that is what you want.

Thanks for the feedback. I should have picked one up when I had the chance. I will look at these and see what I can come up with.

Buy the entire rifle and sell the lower?

LMT, POF, KAC, HK, Seekins, JP and a few others would all go nicely on top of your lower, each one being top tier uppers who still sell complete uppers as well.

If it were me, HK for piston and didn't mind the weight, KAC or LMT for a DI sledgehammer I wanted to beat on, Seekins or JP for lightweight and accurate.

I sent a PM

The Rec 7 upper is what I have been trying to locate and every source that had carried them (i.e. EuroOptic) has them listed as a discontinued item that is no longer in stock. Not sure if they had not been selling enough of them or what so I will follow-up with a call to Barrett