• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barricade bag

jsthntn247

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Mississippi
What's the best one out now? I liked the old game changer but am not too fond of the newer one. Anything out there similar?

Didn't know there was old/new game changer bags but I got to use one for the first time last weekend and was extremely impressed. Makes a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the Saracen bag made by Warhorse Development. You can buy them through Bison Tactical. I believe they nicknamed it the Tactical Udder.

Geb

Armageddon Gear Clutch and Wiebad Fortune Cookie would be my first choices if I couldn't have a game changer. I thought the only difference between the old and new game changer was the Velcro straps?

I saw the clutch bag but I can't tell what it really looks like. It's hard to tell from the few pics I can find.

I use a padded forearm wrap from Anarchy Outdoors instead of a bag.
If fact I DON'T carry a bag in competition. For butt stock assistance I use a monopod. If it needs "padding" I wrap my left hand around it, letting the heel of my fist rest on whatever is available. I could never get into dragging a bag around, I don't care if it's filled with Pixie Dust, I just don't like bags.

The original Game Changer bag had a heavy fill that actually made it more stable than the newer game changer bag.. But people complained about how heavy it was so they put in a lighter fill. Now it is not near as solid as the original. That's my take on it all.

Agreed. The old Gamechanger is the way to go. It's also slightly larger than the newer one. I sprayed Plasti Dip on the top of mine so it's super grippy.

Attachments

• Gamechanger.jpg
    Gamechanger.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 64
I bought my Gamechanger right before the strappy model came out. I was bummed for a bit, but then noticed you can't really use it as designed while strapped to the rifle. It needs to flop a bit to work.

It is heavy, but on a pipe fence, or any round barricade it is complete tits.

Agreed. The old Gamechanger is the way to go. It's also slightly larger than the newer one. I sprayed Plasti Dip on the top of mine so it's super grippy.

Did you try spraying the underneath of the bag in the groove? Been thinking about that to see if it would keep the bag from sliding on things like angled pipes or the middle of a tank trap leg.

Did you try spraying the underneath of the bag in the groove? Been thinking about that to see if it would keep the bag from sliding on things like angled pipes or the middle of a tank trap leg.

That's one thing I like about the clutch. It has grippy material on the underside where it would stick to angled barricades.

I have not, but the Plasti Dip holds up surprisingly well. I have no doubt that it would work in the groove. I typically reapply a little after 3 matches. Sometimes I will flip the bag upside down when there is an angled surface and it won't budge at all.

Reactions: mnrimfire
Something more durable than Plasti-dip would be to paint on some silicone caulk. I think you can dilute it with mineral spirits to make it spread on smoother.

I had some Griptech (sp??) material sewn onto my original game changer as well as some straps that operate with fastex buckles. I have the buckles sewn so I can attach it in a couple of different ways.

The griptech is a really good addition and the straps are great sometimes and not great others.

Nope...but a better one is the Wiebad Fortune Cookie, new bag out.

A few guys here in Texas that liked the game changer like this wiebad better now.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on both bags. What makes the wiebad fortune cookie better than game changer?

The more I use the AG Game Changer the more I like it. Learning more and more how to deploy it quickly and get into position. It was a great aid today at our local precision rifle match, on our PRS Skills barricade, roof top and even on car tires. Just my 0.02s

Here is the Saracen. To be honest, I have never used any of the other stuff out there. I use this bag as my rear bag, too. The thing works pretty well and I've gotten great feedback from everyone who has tried it. The Saracen will be on the open market really soon. Those were preorders that got finished and then my bag with my crap at a match I took a picture of.

Attachments

• IMG_1284.JPG
    IMG_1284.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1289.JPG
    IMG_1289.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 51
I have some pink just waiting to be used. Give me a holler and it can be done. Today I will be finishing up some regular colors (coyote, ranger green, and multicam, Labor Day is a day your supposed to work, right?). I have a real job (engineer for building roads) so my nights and weekends are filled with Saracen making. So lead times are about two weeks.

Fred will be getting this batch of bags here shortly. The easiest way to get a custom Pink one is to just contact me. Either way I love to see my bag get used by folks. I've put a pile of time and effort into it and it is just plain awesome to hear how well they work.

Black Branch tactical makes a bag very similar to the Game changer but with some unique design differences. They make two sizes, the small one called the gecko has some really cool quick detach straps and a very grippy rubber like material on the top and bottom. The bag can actually be deployed off the side of a fence post it grips so well.

The large one is more like the OG GC but with grippy material on the bottom.

Both bags are extremely well made, very plush....so they wrap around whatever you put them on.

Last edited:
I have a Saracen on order

One way it will be utilized is from a tree stand to hammer deer out to 600+ yards

Black Branch tactical makes a bag very similar to the Game changer but with some unique design differences. They make two sizes, the small one called the gecko has some really cool quick detach straps and a very grippy rubber like material on the top and bottom. The bag can actually be deployed off the side of a fence post it grips so well.

The large one is more like the OG GC but with grippy material on the bottom.

Both bags are extremely well made, very plush....so they wrap around whatever you put them on.

You got a number or a link? I couldn't find them.

Nope, not at all....alive and kicking. I just got a prototype bag from Kevan that he is working on for me the other day.

Youre thinking Branch Tactical......they were a retail gun store.

www.blackbranchshootingsports.com

Honestly....Kevan's attention to detail and the fit and finish of his products is unreal for this kind of product. The dude has WAY too much time on his hands.

This gives you an idea of how the Black Branch Gecko can be deployed on a vertical surface. The strap design is pretty ingenious and can be applied and cinched tight in about 5 seconds, giving you a horizontal surface to balance and shoot off of.

Attachments

• photo71718.jpg
    photo71718.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 73
This gives you an idea of how the Black Branch Gecko can be deployed on a vertical surface. The strap design is pretty ingenious and can be applied and cinched tight in about 5 seconds, giving you a horizontal surface to balance and shoot off of.

I checked their site out. That has everything in it I've been looking for and nearly half the price of Armageddon Gear.

I promise you, the build quality is every bit as good if not better. Its also more plush....it wraps around barricades and posts like a big piece of gum.

But remember, he makes two sizes. The Gecko is smaller, like the Armageddon version. If you want the larger version like the original Reasor, just ask. Plus he will embroider your name on it.

Gecko II looks pretty good since the original game changer is no longer an option