• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Barska spotting scope.

CK_32

Saving Ryans Privates
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2010
Barska 20 to 60x 60mm spotting scope. Would you be able to pick up some sort of bullet trace or 308 rounds in paper at 600+ yards??

My buddy has one but hasn't ever used it past 200 yards. There is one for sale and I'm looking for a cheap spotting scope. I know it's not going to be amazing but would it be clear enough to spot 308 holes at around 600 to 1000 yards or pick up some kind of bullet trace??

Re: Barska spotting scope.

That's what I figured. Thanks for your input.

Don't know about trace, but I don't know any spotter that will reliably show .308 bullet holes in paper at 600 yards or further.

Dont do it!!! I game mine away it was so shity. Save up some money and get a vortex, they are still cheaper and do the job.

Will those scopes pick up bullet trace and I kind of over exadurated I just want to be able to see impact and some sigh of the dust come up at 800 yards.. Seeing 308 holes at 300 is pretty intense haha

If you want a cheap spotting scope that isn't pure junk get a Konus. I have a KonusSpot 80 20-60x80 that is actually pretty good. It isn't nearly as good as a Kowa but is very good for the money.

Jim

for 60mm spotter, I will stick with 15x-45x zoom. The 20x-60x will not get you pass 30x before you lose all the optical quality