• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bartlein #3 in B&C Sporter

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
Does anyone have experience running a Bartlein #3 in a Bell and Carlson sporter stock? I have a Tikka T3 Lite that I am planning to drop in a B&C Sporter.

I have future plans to swap the barrel and go slightly heavier than the stock barrel. B&C was telling me that their sporter barrel channel can be opened up to roughly .75”. Given the barrel sits lightly higher than the center diameter, I am assuming this would fit.

I think it should work - a Bart #3 contour is like most other custom barrel makers #4 contour. Not a great picture but here is a B&C stock with a #3 Lilja barrel in it. It fit just fine and I think you could probably remove enough in the fore-end to make a Bart fit. The B&C stocks are OK but a bit on the heavy side.

Last edited:
I think it should work - a Bart #3 contour it like most other custom barrel makers #4 contour. Not a great picture but here is a B&C stock with a #3 Lilja barrel in it. It fit just fine and I think you could probably remove enough in the fore-end to make a Bart fit. The B&C stocks are OK but a bit on the heavy side.
Nice kill!! Thanks for the reply. This is the feedback I am looking for! I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Oregonmuley