• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Bartlein Carbon Fiber 22LR RimX Prefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2013
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania
    Alright guys, here is what you've been asking for. Bartlein RimX 22LR carbon fiber prefits. Bartlein just released their carbon fiber barrels. They are not currently selling carbon wrapped 22LR blanks/barrels but agreed to do a run for me for all you guys requesting them. We need a minimum of 10..

At this moment, they will be 20"barrels, M24 contour for RimX with my 22LR Match Eachus chamber. I just asked them if we get an overwhelming amount of requests for a second contour, can we do say 5 of Medium Palma and 5 of M24, etc... I will have an answer on that soon.

For those of you that have followed the Bartlein Carbon fiber wrapped barrel release, you know the blanks are selling for $700.00 + shipping.

If you get in on this group buy you will get a finished barrel, ready to screw onto your RimX for a discount on the machining work.

$862.00 + shipping for the RimX carbon wrapped prefit
    Add $50 if you want muzzle threads
    Shipping will be $20 flat

Your essentially getting the carbon fiber blank turned into a RimX prefit for $160.00 ($210 if you choose muzzle threads) for those that get in on the group buy. Once Bartlein starts selling 22LR carbon fiber blanks, your price to have the barrel machined and thread will be much more than this group buy.

We need a minimum of 10 but can do more than 10. If you want one reply to this thread then shoot me a PM and Ill get you on the list. Same as all my other group buys. Once we hit the 10 order minimum Ill email you an invoice and require payment. I will then confirm the order with Bartlein and pay them. Once they mail the blanks to Keystone Accuracy, Keystone Accuracy has committed to turning the barrels around in 2 weeks.

You have a choice of Carbon fiber colors...Black, Green, Red/Brown, and what they call white (like a grey marble). Pictures are below.

I want people to remember, these are BARTLEIN carbon fiber barrels. The first thing people are going to do is try to compare weight, price, etc. to Proof. Bartlein has made it clear they are not comparing these to Proof. They had a goal to only make a carbon fiber barrel if it was equal to their steel barrels and were not going to sacrifice quality, accuracy, etc. In all the testing so far, that is exactly what they achieved.

Last edited:
    Alright so I heard back from Bartlein.

If we get an overwhelming request for a second contour other than M24 we can do 2 contours. Choices would be #4 Sporter, #13 Rem Varmint. Could possibly do something else if we have 5 people all wanting something other than M24.

@padom - I am new to the .22lr scene and not a member of any other .22lr forums. Would it be appropriate to cross post on other sites (assuming we haven't already)?

lets-do-this-5b4f67.jpg

think we should post another link in the rim fire forums or maybe one of the Rim-X threads?

Jeff

No selling is not allowed outside of the PX so no threads in rimfire subforum...i did post 2 weeks ago in RimX thread but feel free to.say it again

Come on all. Some of us have egos to stroke and people to make jealous at the range with our gucci .22lr boom stick. Lets close this out.

Trying to think creatively so we dont miss this opportunity.

Anyone willing to go halvsies with me on the 10th barrel? and we can immediately put it up for sale in the PX to recoup our funds? With the RimX growing in popularity, I am sure we'll get it sold eventually.

Trying to think creatively so we dont miss this opportunity.

Anyone willing to go halvsies with me on the 10th barrel? and we can immediately put it up for sale in the PX to recoup our funds? With the RimX growing in popularity, I am sure we'll get it sold eventually.
    Only problem I see with that is is convincing someone that it is worth $250 more than the Proof Carbon. We may be convinced but . . . .

Still need 1 more to make this happen.

Ill keep my word till end of business Friday. We dont get 1 more by then, Im canceling this group buy.

Reactions: chrome
    Is it bad form to see if they'd make an exception and allow 9 to squeak through?

Status
    Not open for further replies.