• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Base class optic choice

BoulderE89

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2019
St. George, UT
Hey guys, wanting to stay in base class with my cz 457 varmint pro, with an msrp of 588, if I did my math right I have 462 to work with on the optic...what are some of my best choices in this price range for nrl competitions?

I have same setup and Im planning on getting an Arken SH4 when they come back in stock. Since it has the Japanese glass im willing to giving up some magnification. Since paper stages are gone Im not too worried about it though.

Athlon argo btr is a solid choice also with decent glass, used a gen1 for a while and like it for the price.

Heard of people using swampfox optics but Ive never seen one in person.

I saw the SF patriot and heard it’s comparable to a vortex diamondback tactical. I’ve never looked through either so no idea how that compares. I keep forgetting they did away with paper, really you only need mag now for KYL right?

Those are my thoughts are far as needed magnification with the new cof. I took my athlon ares etr and was using it with my range finder on some smaller objects out the window and could see 1" clearly at 105y. (edit to add had my mag turned down to 14)

With the nicer glass I personally dont mind giving up some magnification, also with 14x im not worried about missing at 25y since it has the floating dot.