• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Base for cz ?

Longrangeshooter1

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2011
Maryland
I took my .338 lapua out the other day to shoot and I ran out of elevation at a little over 900 yards. It's built on a cz 550 magnum action. Anyway to get a 20 moa base on it without drilling into my action? I know Ken ferral makes a base for a cz 550 but it looks like it has holes in the top of them. Also heard the Burris made z rings with 20 moa inserts but can't find any.

Re: Base for cz ?

There is definitely a market there for someone to make one that attaches with torx head screws into the dovetails that exist on the action already.

Why not just get a Badger Ordnanace 40 MOA base and have your receiver drilled and tapped? BTW, the holes in the top of the Farrell base ore for set screws....the base slides over the dovetail and the set screws hold it in place. Are we taking bets on how long a base like that will stand up to 338lm recoil?

Here are a few pics of a 338LM I had GAP build a few years back on a CZ550 to give you a reference, George used a modified USO tapered base, worked great.

Picture649.jpg

Picture650.jpg

d8ddd326.jpg

So you had holes drilled into your action? Also I think your the only other person iv seen with a 338 built on a cz.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longrangeshooter1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you had holes drilled into your action? </div></div>

Correct. It was a complete build starting with just the barreled action but the base was done at the same time

Kirk R

I guess I'll just have holes drilled and tapped for a base. But I would post a pic of my gun if I knew how to from a phone. I tried to make it look similar to cz's 338 lapua.

Its a great action and well suited for the 338LM, but limited to aftermarket parts so it needs a little tweeking.

BTW, you can take pics on your phone and email them to yourself, you will still need a imaging host site such as photobucket, its free

Kirk R