• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Basebed Bravo from TPS?

dpilot83

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2010
Fist of all, I am not interested in lapping my rings.

Why has the Basebed and the Basebed Bravo been discontinued? Does anyone have one they want to sell? Is there any way to align a 2-piece base so that you can bed the base properly?

I have a NF 20 MOA 2-piece base, a Vortex Viper PST 4-16X FFP scope and Seekins rings and I'm trying to install them all on to my Remington 700 BDL in .25-06. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this without a system like the Basebed Bravo.

I've studied the concept of using a lapping bar and the concept of using a piece of round stock machined to 30mm with holes drilled through it to access the base screws. The problem is that when my rings are installed, I cannot access the base screws regardless of whether there is a scope mounted in the rings or not. The Basebed system would allow me access to the base screws while the two bases were held in alignment in 3 different planes.

Am I missing something obvious here? I would really like to start using this gun again and I just cannot figure out how to align the bases properly. Thanks.

As I'm sitting here staring at it, I am beginning to think that perhaps the cheapest/fastest way to do the job right will be to just sacrifice a pair of rings. I'll get a piece of round stock turned down to 30 mm. I'll have holes drilled through the round stock on the same spacing as the base mounting holes. Then I'll drill holes in a set of rings to match the holes in the round stock. In this manner I'll have access to the base screws while the two base pieces are held in alignment in all three planes. I will bed the base pieces and then I'll be good to go. Kind of a lot of expense it seems for what I want to do but I think it will work.

Craziest solution I've read about so far but short of the Basebed Bravo, I haven't been able to understand how any other solution would work. Thoughts?